Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 03Vti
    my current stock front speakers are not damaged, they are fine. i was jsut thinking if i can put some better speakers, will that give me difference in sound quality?

i rekon size is 6.5" for speakers, i even dont whether they Have tweeters in them or not, lol.

i m very very bad with this all stuff. how much amp will cost me.

aka_NSX just sent you a PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Accord
    I checked redbook and it says the exi has a 4 speaker system (2 front, 2 rear) so you dont have splits at the moment.

Replacement speakers will sound better - thats their job! Half decent coaxials will start at around $200 and entry level splits from reputable brands (Boston, Focal, Hertz etc) will start at about the $300 mark.

Coaxials having the main woofer with the tweeter inside.

Splits have a seperate woofer and tweeter and have a crossover.

Splits will offer better sound quality!

If you add and amp, this would cost you about $200 but depends on brand, output etc. It's best to start with a budget and then chose products from there, but if you are serioud then it will cost quite a lot. If you are after a quick solution then you might be happy with some cheapish coaxials to replace the stock ones.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Focal splits start from $299 to $4649 Utopia Be

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 03Vti
    whats the function of crossover ?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by MIRZ
    whats the function of crossover ?
    xover is to split between the Hi Freq and the Low Freq, so the Tweeter wont get a Low freq and also the woofer wont get the Hi Freq, so the speaker will perform better sound

Member Array
    Car:
    Teal Mx5

Smile

yeah.. definately...
    changing the front stock speakers would help the sounds in your car heaps...
    include a sub and amplifier... maybe 6x9s at the bak... sound system shud b complete...
    Row row row your boat

I didnt bother replacing my front speakers, and i had a sub and 6x9s installed with an amp. Thing is i tried just listening to the front speakers the other day and they are so shot from being up so loud that you can barely hear them with the engine off. So replace the front speakers if you're going to be doing anything, so when you go to sell your car you have normal speakers which work to put in, unlike me, ill have to fish out a hundred or so for sum new ones to replace em with (coz im not selling my new ones!)

its better to change the front speaker if you have an aftermarket HU, go for splits if you have the $$$ but a decent pair of two-ways will do the tricks too, but not as good as splits though, all depends on where you want to take your system too....ie:-quality, clarity, SPL???

definately unless u upgrade to something crapper. front speakers r the most critial component in a system. to get the most out of ur new speakers, sound deaden the doors and seal the service holes. that is definately a night and day upgrade.

Member Array
    not a good idea to put full range speakers at the front they make ur door rattle (if they're in the door) as they produce full range frequencies (basssss) and its pumped at s*** quality into ur ears and into the door lining for a nice sheet metal wobbling sound , get components in the front

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    stock front speakers suck. Of course aftermarket speakers are gonna sound a lot better. Splits at the front, 2ways at the back and a sub.