Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EKONE
    definitely gotta go for component spkr system. No two way stuff. I put 6.5 inch Alpine Type S component system in mine and its really good. Too Bad that EG doors are really plasticy and squeak a lil with too much bass. Mdf will sove the problem but i dont really c myself as that hardcore an audio enthuist. hence the Type S's.

to fit the 6.5 in i had to remove the plastic cup things and use Aerpro spacer. Or else the magnet would hit the window.

gluck to finding good spkrs. i recomment MB Quarts if you are willing to spend that sort of dosh.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_civic
    arent civic speakers 6 inch anyways?
    my cousin has a civic vti and his car speakers are 6 inches...
    not sure if he did them custom but it was like that wheni gave him my speakers..
    now he has a pair of kicker splits in his car....
    smooth sound coming out of themm
    i thought they all had 6 inch at the fronts too..
    mine were 6inch but ive got 6'5 now..

Ive got pioneer TS-C1625 components in the front of my car, Id love to tell you how they go, but I havnt been arsed connecting them yet! Ill get back to you on it though because from what ive heard, and from how they look, these things are gunna be sweet!
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    READ THIS CAREFULLY, cause i went through the same thing
    1. DO NOT use cheap s*** full range speakers cause they'll rattle ur door to pieces and u'll hear more rattling than music, use components they sound 10x better and no rattling cause ur doors are sensitive place.

2. u can put 6" speakers or components just take out the stock 4" spacers and put the new 6" speakers in (u might have to drill new holes for the speakers)

3. most and nearly all component speaker's magnets will be too big and ur windows wont come down all the way so u gotta buy 6" spacers($20 or so) and use them.

4. buying components are tricky cause u pay more for something and u get a inferior product. i personally like these schneider splits they sound really good and they're not overly expensive either.
    http://www.schneideraudio.com.au/sc_...ducts&proId=25

thought, they come 6" in front!!! don't all honda have 6", well if not than i dont know but on my itr (i know different car) but i manage to put boston Z6 in there without spacer!!! the window just miss by probably a merely 2 to 3mm max

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by ITRBoI
    thought, they come 6" in front!!! don't all honda have 6", well if not than i dont know but on my itr (i know different car) but i manage to put boston Z6 in there without spacer!!! the window just miss by probably a merely 2 to 3mm max
    well depends, i think u got luky that ur window closes, but in the end most good components have a big magnet just get spacers for it. the schneiders i recommended will definately not fit so u have to get spacers for them.