Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Whiteline Rear Sway bar - Track impression

I'm pretty sure Yfin, Nick, Matell, lots of ppl who have fitted uprated rear sway bar have explained to us how the rear sway changes the handling characteristic of the Euro. Well I have the oppotunity to tested it out on the track recently at QR, all in can say is one word - AWESOME!

I was a bit cautious on the first few corners because I know the rear sway bar made the steering very responsive and the car has more oversteery nature to it.

On the 2nd lap I started to push the car to see what it can do. My immediate response was "Hey this is awesome!". The car has neutral handling!! Before the rearsway bar upgrade I feel the front of the car is dragging the rear along through the corner felt very sluggish on the exiting of the corner. After the upgrade I can feel the rear sits flatter and help the front to guide the car throught the corner.

Steering adjustability has greatly improved too, I can steer with my throttle, more for understeer, less for oversteer. Very predictable. Less body roll is just a bonus!

Here's some before and after shots, it's not the same corner or angle, but you'll get the idea.

BEFORE

AFTER

Photos curtesy of www.osella.com.au/wayne

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    you can definately see there is less roll. stop trying to tempt me to buy one :b
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Do you guys change the wheel alignment of your cars? Factory setup usually has front with less camber than the rear. But for track work or better handling, the front usually has more camber than the back.

Front camber is non adjustable unless you get a front camber kit like this

http://www.spoon.jp/jp/products/line...gory=1&item=09

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Great post Baboo - I am not brave enough to track the Euro. Maybe when it is 10 years old. hehe

Man - how many sets of rims do you have? You used to have grey Volks, now in these pics are some white rims and some Nissan rims!

Also - how much did it cost to paint your chrome grill to match the paint. I think it looks good!

I like how you removed one fog to get air to the CAI!

The sway is a great mod - bang for buck it is excellent.

awesome pics, you can tell the sway bar makes a huge difference to the body roll.

hopefully i'll have whiteline sway bar and tanabe coilovers soon, and after a bit of training i can join you for a track-day.

i wanted to get TEIN's originally from fulcrum, but still no info after waiting nearly a month about when they'll get them in and for what price. Baboo, do u think the tanabes would still be suitable for a track once combined with the whiteline? i wouldnt be tracking all the time, maybe 1 or 2 times a year ?

Whao yfin, alot of questions!!

White rims are not mine, I still got the VOLKS for street, 300ZX rim for track but I'll sell them soon as I really need stiffer sidewalls 17" tyres. Stock rims are sitting at home.

I didn't paint the grill, I just tape them up using some black tape. My car will never get a trophy in any car shows.

Chris F, your setup is more enough to do track days.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    A rear sway bar is the best friend of a FWD car
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

VirIIx
    Arctic Blue Euro Luxury MK04 6MT, 35% Mirrored Tint, Comptech Icebox. PIAA White LED Parkers, AdvancedOptik Yellow Ion Fogs. WHITELINE SWAY BAR

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Black
    Hopefully get my one soon from Peekay34, but someone suggested Whiteline 18mm is not enough, get something like 23 or 25. big difference, what do you guys think?

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Black
    baboo: did you removon fog to get air to the CAI! Becareful of When driving in the rain, water may esay into air filter, bad for your engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    Quote Originally Posted by baboo
    VirIIx
    Arctic Blue Euro Luxury MK04 6MT, 35% Mirrored Tint, Comptech Icebox. PIAA White LED Parkers, AdvancedOptik Yellow Ion Fogs. WHITELINE SWAY BAR
    ROFL!!!!!
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa