Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    rb26 ek4

Are there 2 different types of 96-98 ek front bumpers

Hi there guys, I recently bought a 96 ek civic and i was just wondering if anyone knows if there are 2 types of standard front bars? The bar i got has black rubbers around the sides and im looking for something without the rubbers. does anyone know?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Luxury
    um not to my knowledge. only change was in 99 when they had small facelift. that bar wont fit on your 96-98 though im fairly sure

yes there are 2 differences

all the EK's in 96-98 have black rubber around their front bumper EXCEPT the coupe..if you don't want the black rubber, change them with a 96-98 coupe front bar..will fit your car

Member Array
    Car:
    scooby doobydoo
    will the coupe rear bar fit the hatch aswell? since that black rubber goes all around.
    EPisode3 : revenge of the civic

I think there is a topic going on at the moment about all of the what will and won't fit what models?? keep your eye out anyways..

Member Array
    Car:
    rb26 ek4
    okay, thanks 4 that guys. I'll look around for a coupe bar but if i cant find one i might just colour code it.

are you talking about the black plastic strips around the front and back? I have them to on my ek1.. they are ugly.. coz my paint is slightly pearl.. it was going to cost a crapload to have them coded.. so i turned against the idea

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    Coupe front bumper will fit. Coupe rear bumper wont fit hatch.
    However 99-00 rear hatch bumpers will fit 96-98.
    These dont have the bumper protectors do they?

Quote Originally Posted by egads
    will the coupe rear bar fit the hatch aswell? since that black rubber goes all around.
    No the coupe rear bumper will not fit but you can use the facelift bumper for the rear. Use the coupe for the front and the facelift hatchback for the back end ;-)

EDIT: well, I see it has been covered but now you've got a second opinion and I agree with poster above me :-)

Kristin
    96er NH701M EK3 w/ Facelift Conversion and EP3 Rebadging
    00er blue-eyed daughter

I'm impressed.... a girl that actually knows wtf she is on about!
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Get your hands on a set of 96-98 CTR front and back, and you're set
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

If you wanted to get rid of them and you wanted to do a DIY without changing the bumper you could colour code them yourself

Just sand the plastic down a bit, prime them, and then paint a few coats on them with the right spray paint. (I got mine from super cheap with the code which should be on the inside of the drivers side door and dont forget to tape off the edges so the paint doesnt run )
    In total cost me about 50 bucks. (1 Can of primer, 3 cans of Spray Paint, 3 Different grades of sand paper)