Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The MOTEC ECU

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R 01

Talking The MOTEC ECU

Hey all..
    I am seeking your opnion/gathering info on the motec ecu. Would this be suitable for my Integra Type R 02??
    what do you know about this chip?
    And Or should i spend money on a turbo kit 1st??
    You may think that these are silly questions. .. BUT i'll be honest, i know nothing about cars.. so im kinda in the dark here about these sorta things. i guess im just addicted 2 iV-Tec..
    can anyone give me there input on this topic.. would very much appreciate it.. thanks guys..

should consider HONDATA man

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R 01
    whats hondata?? sorry but i am a bit lost.. im a rooie but a serious one..

its alternative to MoTeC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 DC5R Turbo
    Motec ECU's should only be used if your gonna tune your car like crazy, and mod it like crazy, its fully programmable and whoever you take your car to tune it sohuld know how to program it to get the best output from your car, the hondata is what most people would get for hondas instead, theyre specifically made for hondas, and probably dont have the full range of functions motecs have, but do the job for alot less money.

If you havent modded your car at all yet, go check out TODA_AU's bang for your bucks thread thats stickied at the top of these integra forums.

Disagree....

Motec ECU and Autronic ECU are designed and are so damn expensive because they can tune across a whole range of different criteria and customer needs. Technically you can use a motec as a v-afc if u wanted to...

So its not just for crazy modifications, but of course users usually choose these ECU's for crazy mods because of their capability to maximise the modifications at hand given.

MOtec is seriously great! I love mine!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC5
    Motec is more for highly mod cars, and one thing it puts me off is they have to cut all the wiring in order to link up with their ECU, so later you want to fit your OEM ECU back, you will have problem when you want to sell your car

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    there are ecus that come with a plug and play unit.. for the Bseries engine neway.. ie autronic.. not sure about any others though..
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......

Member Array
    Car:
    eg6, fn2r
    Quote Originally Posted by bernie
    And Or should i spend money on a turbo kit 1st??
    if ur goin to turbo 1st either way u wud need a replacement ecu to get the most out of it

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    Motec is da bomb..!.. If you want to have full controll of the thing.. then motec it... there is nothing you cant do with a motec.... Hondata is also good but not as capable as a Motec unit.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost
    Motec is da bomb..!.. If you want to have full controll of the thing.. then motec it... there is nothing you cant do with a motec.... Hondata is also good but not as capable as a Motec unit.

shh.. now that hondata has been mentioned just wait and see $5 says BLKCRX will be here sometimes soon

haha jk james =P.. i heard really nice things about motec it is expensive though...
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......