Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R

Wakefield Jazz day! Tue. July 5th

Which Jazz owners are coming on july 5th?
    * me (Andrew)
    * petrovski (Pete)
    * ACE888 (Alan)
    * Hong

Pic taken on last trackday on final corner before the straight

Ok, its not really *jazz* specific day but I'm trying to get as many jazzers to come as possible! It'd be great to see more jazzes coming down.

Come and run your car, and have a great time or just come along and watch or compare mods. So far there's me and another jazz coming, with some others of you expressing interest in the past at coming to this one.

Wakefield is near Goulbourn about ~2 hour drive south from Syd, we can meet up somewhere near the start and travel in convoy if you like.

BTW If you're new to trackdays I'm more than happy to help you out if you want to run your car, also I'm very happy to take passengers for laps in my car.. you can usually get rides with other (faster!) cars too if you ask nicely

Here are the details: July 5th . Tickets are $120 for one car + one driver / $40 per additional driver / $15 to be a passenger / Wakefield license not included / spectators free / Official timing provided. To go in a car you need a helmet (available for rent on the day) and long pants + long sleeve top.

- Andrew

ps. In case your wondering, I passed the Z further down the straight .. just kidding VTEC POWER!
    Last edited by Andys; 20-06-2005 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added rollcall

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    Hey andy, do you have to buy a ticket before the day??

why is it 120?

NO SPEED LIMIT DAYS

Drive your own street car $80.00 per day
    Wakefield Park licence $40.00 (annually)
    Helmet hire available ($20) per day

Anyway you should be able to count me in for this one

will get back to you asap

Pete

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Those No Speed Limit days are a bit more of a free for all...you hand over the cash and away you go, plus I doubt it includes timing.

Timing is a big plus....then you will have an official time and can compare it to others to see how you are going aswell as compare it against yourself without your mates doing dodgy timing on a stopwatch or something.

Who is arranging this anyway Andy? i forget...
    I'll have to see where I'm at, but I still would like to come and watch if nothing else.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2RRRRRRR
    yes i do know you looking for jazzes but i realy want to go to the track for the first time as a driver. i just hope my license hasnt been suspended before then do i need to reserve a spot or is it whoever turns up and pays is in?
    IS motor racing

Quote Originally Posted by SiR CRX View Post
    Sex Spec reminds me of Paris Hilton.

She's worth a lot of money but still looks like cheap trash....

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    yes i do know you looking for jazzes but i realy want to go to the track for the first time as a driver.
    Of course, its open to everyone..

i just hope my license hasnt been suspended before then do i need to reserve a spot or is it whoever turns up and pays is in?
    For extra driver or passenger just show up on the day. For car+driver its best to pay ahead to ensure you get a spot as numbers are limited (unlike Open Days). See contact details below

why is it 120?
    1. Unlike open speed days where its a free-for-all, this time we're limited to 45 max cars (probably less than that will come since its a weekday).

2. Its more organised - we run in 4 groups and you try to stick to the group that has similar speed to you. This makes it more fun and less annoying to get stuck behind someone (or they get stuck behind you..) If you arrive on time and stay all day, you'll get practice session + 4 sessions. Each session is about 10 laps. So you could do at least 50 laps total if you want to. If you actually do that you'll be completely knackered by the end of the day!

3. Official timing - its accurate, see what techniques improve your laptimes, and adds a bit of fun to see what other people get

4. Ambo provided - medical personell on stand by, I'd be really surprised if anyone needed them but they're there (I think its a requirement if you're renting the track for the day like we are). Normally isn't provided on open days

5. Prizes! If you want to enter the competition run - you get 3 chances to set your best lap time in a F1-qualifying style event and there are different classes.. jazz is the <1.6L N/A class...

Who is arranging this anyway Andy?
    Circuit Club.
    More info here:
    http://www.circuit-club.com/trackday6.html
    Basically to pay you contact Narada and either meet up with him or send him the money and he'll give you a ticket and a receipt.

[Also, PM me or talk to Narada if you're interested in coming along to one of circuit club's weekly night meetings.. I go pretty much every week now..]

Additional info:

Apparently this time last year was <10C degree temperatures so bring warm stuff!! There's a cafeteria present with meat pies and the like, or you can bring your own food for lunch. Bring a hat, there's not much shade at Wakefield.

Also, please pump up your tyres! Not past the max PSI rating for your tyre, but for example I found the stock jazz tyres handle alot better at about 38 psi than the recommended 33. I run my pirellis at 47! Go higher on the front than the rear. Measure tyre pressure when cold and on level ground. (I'll have a tyre pump available on the day..) If you run at normal tyre pressures you lose grip pretty quickly..

- Andrew

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Cannondale Rush 4
    Count Me In...........I'll be taking my Jazz for a little squirt on July 5th.

Andy, we should hook up this Tuesday, then I can discuss tactics/hints so I can gain some insider knowledge against my fellow Jazz'ers who might turn up on this day.

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Quote Originally Posted by OptionEngineering
    i hope i am in sdyney

You can always drive up there for holidays.. hehehe!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE888
    so I can gain some insider knowledge against my fellow Jazz'ers who might turn up on this day.
    EEk, what happened to "friendly" competition?

PM me if anyone else is free late tuesday night and wants to meet up..

- Andrew

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2RRRRRRR
    do you need to hold a current drivers lisence to drive on the day and if i was going to share my car how would laps work...?
    IS motor racing

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2RRRRRRR
    how much is the wakefield lisence and is it necissary?
    IS motor racing

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    Can you show the map of race track?