Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MIVEC vs VTEC

simon
    ahhh.. that would be correct then.

what else is 1.6lt? besides OJ?

Quote Originally Posted by pgclee
    B16b has the highest output for N/A categories in the world...if i'm wrong, tell me...hmm...am i wrong?..ehh...hmmm.....
    do you mean the highest output per litre? if thats what you mean I think the F20c in the S2k beats it. If you mean it has the highest output of any N/A motor in the world... I think you would be wrong... but I don't think you mean that
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

simon
    good point there, i don't have a clue what he meant as well.. maybe it is in the 1.6lt cat.

if he meant in the category of 1.6 litre engines.. thats not exactly an amazing prize to claim.. think about it, most 1.6 litre engines are guttless wonders made for fuel economy, not power so claiming to be the most powerful 1.6 isn't that amazing. It's power/torque per litre that really means somthing when comparing engines. That said, all of honda's b series motors are widely considered to be amazing engines. I would have to agree with that.
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Captiva_Blue
    if he meant in the category of 1.6 litre engines.. thats not exactly an amazing prize to claim.. think about it, most 1.6 litre engines are guttless wonders made for fuel economy,
    exactly! to have a 1.6lt pull out that much power is a great prize to claim.

it's no working with better engines that make it worth while, its working with less that makes it better.

VTEC, v6mivec was quite fast
    but i prefer my b16a

for that kick factor!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2RRRRRRR
    We all know v-tec kicks ass that why we drive hondas -=CASE CLOSED=-
    IS motor racing

Quote Originally Posted by SiR CRX View Post
    Sex Spec reminds me of Paris Hilton.

She's worth a lot of money but still looks like cheap trash....

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    just try to compare a 4 cilinder 1.6 okay....name one that has 185hp...and it's N/A...
    why all this V6 what ever 2 lit wanted to compare with a 1.6??...diff categories mate...then why don't you all take M3 compare it with a B16b??...M3 is Twin Vinos what...hahaha....poor 1.6, always being pick up by all those high cc's...

Nice topic..... as fas as the topic is concern, tho there's isnt such thing as standard 1.8MIvec (unless it a frankenstien 4G92 Mivec Head / 4G93 block). IMHO there's really no definite asnwer which one is faster between 4G92Mivec VS B16A Vtec.

I am a fan of both engine (VTEC/MIVEC), obviously people who has got B16A Vtec would claim their car is faster than the other, and same thing apply to those who has got the 4G92Mivec. This isn't about which engine put outs higher HP but rather about how good each driver is (drag/circuit). Tho there isn't much Lancer/Mirage with 4G92Mivec down under, it's really hard to see b4 our eyes which is better at every aspects of comparison. There's a 1.6 Cyborg R (Mirage) in NZ doing consistent mid - low 14's with I/H/E+JUN Cams+Re-mapped ECU (stock bottom end) on street tyres. In which I say very impressive and is comparable to OZ EK VTiR with the same type of mods.

Now, I so happen to own a CE LANCER with 6A12 V6Mivec conversion and so the fun begin. I did 14.6 @94MPH with 2.2+ 60" during last year's DRAG COMBAT. Engine is stock with buthcher type exhaust system (stock FTO unit butchered to fit the Lancer) on a freakin falken ziex street tyres - spare tyres off, backseat off as well as passenger seat. Was side by side with a DC2R with mugen CAT BACK exhuast and we both did 14.7

This year's Drag Combat a few weeks ago, I managed to clocked my personal best time of 14.3 @96.90MPH with 2.14 60" with the addition of I/H/E+65mm TB+Malpassi FPR (45psi idle) this time with a wider tyre 225/50/16 deflate to 18psi , strip interior excpet for the Dash, Rear/Centre/Front pillars and rooflining + DIY cold air duct (out of a wreck headlight). I lined up against a mate's EF Civic Hatch with B16A2 Engine (P/P Head, JUN Stage 3 Cams+Retainers+Valve Springs, ITR IM / S2K TB, I/H/E,Over size CTR Piston+ITR RODS, SARD FPR, Re-mapped ECU tuned by DynoDave to 100kw+, on M/T Slicks. I still managed on top of him on both our races. I noticed tho, that he was catching up on me on top-end and if given a longer track he would off chopped me. But i guess the torque of my car was very impressive that b4 he hits his peak power I was already a car length (roughly) ahead and I'm already up for the next shift. I realise that torque plays a much important role in drag racing than top end HP, that is just my honest opinion. But I do believe that my mate's EF is capable of breaking into 13's with its current set up - he just need to improve his lanching technique as he is hitting 98mph terminla speed.

I'm considering at selling my car to make way for a HONDA, not bcoz I think VTEC is better than MIVEC but bcoz of the aftermarket support. And definitely wants a bigger capacity vtec engine like 1.8 or 2.0 (torque reason) and start from there.

oh by the way clutch is a 3 year old hard working 5puck Brass Button (plety of bite stil) on stock fly with 5spd LSD box....and believe it or not I survived on the hurdle of driving it during peak hours.
    Last edited by HRD2BQT; 05-06-2005 at 04:22 PM.

Moderator - here to help Array
    Quote Originally Posted by pgclee
    just try to compare a 4 cilinder 1.6 okay....name one that has 185hp...and it's N/A...
    you guys forgot about the 4AGE formula atlantic engine.
    even thought its not a mass-production engine, it puts out 240hp from a 1.6L
    http://www.ae92gts.com/3a1.html
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 SiR & CRV
    these Group A engines are just awesome.. such awesome power from just a 1.6L

the engine alone costs $15,000 i believe.
    [EXE Crew]
    JDM EF9 SiR