Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B20A Turbo prelude

Will my engine fit ??

I have a reasonably nice b20a in my 89 lude, and in the quest for speed, I want to lose a considerable amount of body wieght. My question is, will my b20a fit into an EG civic ? I know that people are always puting in b16a's so would the b20a fit ? Any info and/or advice is more than welcome.

FastAz

Member Array
    Car:
    eg6, fn2r
    yes it fits. not sure if its a straight fit or if theres any mods needed to be done. my aunt's brother has a eg wit a b20 in it. i heard that its really fast

b20 should fit. k20a and h22 can be done why not the b20 right?

Pretty sure that all engines in the 'b' family have same/very similar exterior block and transmission dimentions just different internals/head to change the displacement and specs. Would probably have to get aftermarket mounts though to swap from the 'd' family motor in most egs and use the b series box..
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    the b20a lude engine is the black sheep of the b-series(is nothing like any other b-series). im not even sure if the b-series mounts are the same.
    Its best you leave it in your lude and find annother engine for your hatch

B20

the b20 mounts are the same as the b16. You do need a mount kit though. Id turbo charge your b21 as opposed to swapping a b20 in.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR Coupe
    the b20a lude engine is the black sheep of the b-series(is nothing like any other b-series).
    Not that I doubt you, but can you explain this a little bit more. Bit of a noob when it comes to the b20.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B20A Turbo prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by LSD Motorsports
    the b20 mounts are the same as the b16. You do need a mount kit though. Id turbo charge your b21 as opposed to swapping a b20 in.
    Ok Ok. The B20A I currently have (in the lude) has been all rebuilt with considerable amounts of money thrown at it, and a lovely T28bb hanging off the front. For this reason alone I want to use my B20A.

I had previously heard that they were 'the black sheep' of the 'B' series engines BUT I have also heard of people bolting them in with the b16a head.

I really don't know what to think about this possible conversion. It sounds absolutely AWSOME on paper but will it work ??

FastAz

what year is your lude and your eg anyway?

Just looked in your VBG and ur prelude is an 89, u know its illegal to put an old engine into a newer car...?
    Last edited by Kawasaki; 10-06-2005 at 10:30 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B20A Turbo prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki
    what year is your lude and your eg anyway?

Just looked in your VBG and ur prelude is an 89, u know its illegal to put an old engine into a newer car...?

Umm yes I did know that but somehow overlooked it

What about ED civics. Didn't ED's come out with the same enigine as EG's. (d15b) If so does that mean that the mounting points are in a similar position. ???

Thanx
    FastAz

You should be able to put the B20 into your EG. From what I was told all B series engines uses the same engine mounts......

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Ok Ok. The B20A I currently have (in the lude) has been all rebuilt with considerable amounts of money thrown at it, and a lovely T28bb hanging off the front. For this reason alone I want to use my B20A.

I had previously heard that they were 'the black sheep' of the 'B' series engines BUT I have also heard of people bolting them in with the b16a head.

I really don't know what to think about this possible conversion. It sounds absolutely AWSOME on paper but will it work ??

FastAz
    I’m not sure about the engine mounts but I know for a fact that the b16a head does not bolt on to the b20a. You’re confusing it with the b20b and b20z, which are both CRV engines.

As I said before it’s the "black sheep" of the b series because the design is completely different to all other b serries and cannot be used for CRVTEC conversions.