Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    4thGen Civic GL
    ic ic. thanks. i just got lost as it said EK civic next to his name.
    me thinks we need to compare notes !

umm no trophy for me sorry. mark b could be in for it, otherwise i'm sure there are much more powerful n/a b16a's out there.

besides, once AUSVTEC drops in that 'chip', it'll be interesting
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    i don't think i'll ever get over a 4G civic hatch
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Powered by HONDATA

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    b18c
    toda adjustable camgears
    2.5" catback exhaust
    k&n pod filter

hehe, the turbo crx had a little tuning done, ended up with 184kw later in the day

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    ginganggooly: hows the hondata?? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Teggy-Vtir
    ginganggooly: hows the hondata?? =)
    bleh. not happy. dunno what the deal is. got to get some stuff checked out.
    don't know if i've got a weak car or something is up with it... it's hard to say because i don't know many that have run at croydon. those i do know of, had dissapointing results on sunday too. like, almost 30kw difference and two cars with 15kw difference.

:x

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    yeah i was wonderin why u got lower den son's teg, with the hondata in ur car
    mayb not tuned properly?? bah who knows eh

mine ran lower den i exspected

You didnt add mine, i did 167 kws

Actually what did the mr2 get, just wondering?

Also who was the angry Vti-r?
    that was me!!!!!

hehehe
    BOOOOOOOGET!!

Yo bizee_1 you and i need to meet again at the cruise to the gong.

We can work out why the oldest civics there on sunday got the highest results in the B16A section.

Was a good day, some sweet looking rides there and some power to boot.

Any one know where i can get my chiped installed down south?
    thanks.

well, i went to the dyno with Dave last night and hooked up the fuel gauge...

showed 45psi, so we bumped it up to 50 and it looked better, bumped it up to 55psi and it looked like something we could work with... (the fuel 'flow' was still droping but we knew that a new WRX pump would take care of it)

then i pulled the VAFC down alot (as we were getting MAP check engine lights 'cause i was enrichening by 20%!) and the curve resembled something like a proper a/f ratio curve...

then we fiddled with the fuel around VTEC crossover and this is what we got...

it is interesting to note that this peak power is what i got last time we tuned it (in July last year (before the R intake and throttle body)) but the curve is F A T T E R...

Dave thinks it could be an exhaust restriction holding the top end from hitting 110kw, but the rest of the curve is F A T

see here:

note how the power drops inside the old graph (darker line) at VTEC... i think we could have tuned this out with teh VAFC (but we didnt compare the two graphs untill after we dynoed the car, so we didnt notice it!!!)
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Nice big fat power curve there Dave. Looks Good!!! Looks like a well tuned power graph to me, wouldn't expect anything less.

Only thing is it runs out at top end after that fat hi cam curve. It just plataeus... Are you running cam gears to dial in more mid-range? It is not necessarily a bad thing coz that 5300-6100 range builds quite a lot of power... will be awesome at the bathurst speed weekend, should haul ass up the mountain now.

dave reckons the 2.25in cat back is restricting the top end...

he wants me to fix that, install the WRX fuel pump and THEN he will 'play' with the cam gears...!

i didnt really tune the VAFC to its potental - i just wanted to fix it so it wasnt dangerously lean... there is more power to be had from VAFC tuning...

especailly lower midrange and high topend...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Cool, looks like you need some quality 4 into 1 stepped headers hehehe