Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS

Euro 6 CD-Stacker query

Hi guys,

Can the 6 CD-Stacker in the Euro read CD-RW? (Note the 'RW')

Thanks,
    V

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    EY! i was gonna make a warning thread on this, but totally forgot. DO NOT use CD-R (or burn cd's) in the Euro!!!

the stacker jammed twice, and on the 2nd time, the guy at the honda dealership said it was because the stacker does not like burnt cd's.

i dont know why this happends, because burnt cd's are the same as normal cd's, or so i would have thought.

this MAY have been resolved with newew Euro's, since mines 2003 model...

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    no probs with burnt copies in my euro..

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    kam: I never had a jam in my euro's cd changer, & i use mostly burnt cd's... If that is happening with ur euro then its a warranty problem no??

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Ermm..... has anyone tried 'rewritables?'... not just the burn-once CD-R's...

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    RW's wont work on any factory headunit AFAIK
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY05 Std Euro
    no problem with burnt cd for me.....except on one CD the unit hangs on a track... but i just press skip to skip it and then its fine

=)

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    i'm not sure here, but i cant understand what effect the type of cd is in terms of making cds jam physically in stacker. Is a cdrw thicker?

The only problem ive ever had was with a burnt cd that i had put a label on, the heat from the unit made the sticky fail and the label seperate partially.
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    I've only had an issue with 1 CD-R, but it doesn't jam the stacker, it just skips a few of the songs randomly. but the rest of my CD-Rs are working fine.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    well, im just going on what the dealer told me... But since ive stopped using CD-R, the stacker has never jammed.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    what brand of CD-R do u use? also, do you stick a label on top of the CD? These things if not sticked properly do cause jamming.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I use CD-RW and CD-Rs in my stacker without any jamming so far (7 months). The trick is to use the branded media where the dimensions (thickness, diameter and twist) are actually part of the quality control process.
    For CD-R, I use Ricoh Golds, and for CD-RW I use Ricoh 10x (purple ones), Verbatim 10x, Verbatim 12-24x and Imation 4x and 10x discs.

And I NEVER EVER stick any labels on the discs. That is just asking for trouble. Labels cause the disc to go off balance when spinning. A majority of computer CD-ROM drives have built in vibration damping mechanisms (because they spin so fast at up to 50x), but I doubt that audio CD readers have the same.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2