Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    civic

handling..ITR vs CTR

is the handling exactly the same here or are they different in load spring rating and so forth? also i was playing GT4 the other day and we had a ITR vs CTR battle (as im sure most of you guys have done aswell ) and the CTR seems to catch up round corners..thats what got me thinking could it be suspension setup? cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    From what I have heard and seen (BMI) I think the CTR is meant to be a bit better at handling. They have different spring rates, and so on. But I have always liked the hatch for handling.

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    LOL! gotta love GT4!!! w00t w00t
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC4 <-----She's Gone :(
    whic models??

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    as ekslut said the EK9 does handle a bit better due to heapz of factors, springs, sway bars, weight, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Perry
    as ekslut said the EK9 does handle a bit better due to heapz of factors, springs, sway bars, weight, etc etc

According to what ? Gran turismo 4 ? Or have you driven both these cars long enough to compare ?

Both cars have similar setups , and are very similar weight etc. One's a coupe and one's a hatch...Performance across the board im sure these are very very similar.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    According to what ? Gran turismo 4 ? Or have you driven both these cars long enough to compare ?

Both cars have similar setups , and are very similar weight etc. One's a coupe and one's a hatch...Performance across the board im sure these are very very similar.
    yep i have driven both of them but its not stock 1's but it all depends on wat the car has done in suspension wise as well and engine, i finded drving the hatch is more fun thats my opinion anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I think CTR have better stablity on high speed corner due to the shorter track base and wider wheel base. I don't mean big difference but by reading the factory data it shows that CTR have better stability but ITR have better potentials on tunings with engine and chassis

For example, 98 spec ITR have 10mm wider wheel base on rear comparing with 96 spec to minimise the occurance of lift-throttle oversteer and the strength bushes stiffness comparing with 96 spec

Engine and power mods includes piston, ecu, throttle body, intake manifold, exhaust manifold...etc

Correct me if i am wrong, i read that article from Spoon ages ago so i think i might have something wrong

saw in a series of BM sometime... the EK9 had a better time through this ONE CORNER compared with the DC2R (96spec) but the 98spec would be quicker or pretty similar to the EK9 i'd imagine... better look back at those vids and find something on these 2/3 cars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5 honda integra Type R
    hrrrmmm im not too sure also iv driven both of my frends cars they have a CTR and ITR
    both JDM ...
    i drove it when they 1st got it and im not too sure ..... we took it to wakefield one time to see how fast they would go stock and it felt like the ITR had a lil bit more drift compared to the CTR
    when i reached this one corner it fealt as if the ITR was sliding but when i used the CTR at the same entry and exit speed and almost the same mid cornering speed (i think slightly more than the ITR) i fealt it only once after i adjusted to the car it had no more understeer but i did the same laps with the ITR and still had it
    im not sure if it was the Tyres? or maybeh it was the basics of the two body types
    than again they are two different cars even though they could almost weigh the same one might have a lower center of gravity than the other....
    but who knows the car owners before mite have done something to them so u cant realy rely on used vehicles der is always a possibility of tampering
    we wont ever know unless sum1 has a mint condition CTR and a ITR straight out fo the factory........
    (if anyone has them please "PM ME I WOULD LOVE TO ROB U!!!! hehehe jks jks jks)

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    In otherwords SpOOn-FED, your experiance was inconclusive! ?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5 honda integra Type R
    yer.... it prety much