EK4
    future = like a year
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK4
    To be honest I don't think you could go wrong either way. Both are extremely good quality and I don't think you would be dissapointed with either of them. The Spoon will be a little louder I think but that will be the only real difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SiR CRX
    To be honest I don't think you could go wrong either way. Both are extremely good quality and I don't think you would be dissapointed with either of them. The Spoon will be a little louder I think but that will be the only real difference.
    Yes, you get what you pay for, but being that you race this car, i wouldnt spend the $ for a "show" exhaust. Most of that price is for the name brand. Get an Apexi muffler and run custom 2.5 inch piping all the way back. Your going to get the same Benefits and save a whole wallet full of cash

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Personally I dont really like the look of the spoon street.

But I have had a Mugen Twin Loop and a Spoon N1 before on my EK4. Spoon N1 has a very, very nice sound to it, but it is loud. I felt it had a bit more power than the Mugen Twin Loop, but the Mugen felt like it had a bit more torque to it and a bit more responsive. But the mugen is fairly quiet, a bit louder than stock. Mugen looks almost stock, which I like, but I do also like the small muffler on the N1, so its a tie for me in looks.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    the mugen kicks ass : )

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by ekslut
    Personally I dont really like the look of the spoon street.

But I have had a Mugen Twin Loop and a Spoon N1 before on my EK4. Spoon N1 has a very, very nice sound to it, but it is loud. I felt it had a bit more power than the Mugen Twin Loop, but the Mugen felt like it had a bit more torque to it and a bit more responsive. But the mugen is fairly quiet, a bit louder than stock. Mugen looks almost stock, which I like, but I do also like the small muffler on the N1, so its a tie for me in looks.
    damn
    it realli is a tough choice then

ekslut did you get the silencer as well?
    do u need it for street use or is it for highways?
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK4
    A silencer (baffle) will result in less power than stock if you put it in. If you want a performance gain then don't use a silencer.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    Quote Originally Posted by LSD Motorsports
    Yes, you get what you pay for, but being that you race this car, i wouldnt spend the $ for a "show" exhaust. Most of that price is for the name brand. Get an Apexi muffler and run custom 2.5 inch piping all the way back. Your going to get the same Benefits and save a whole wallet full of cash
    i agree. custom piping can be manipulated a whole lot easier then buying a ready made system. a reputable exhaust place can make you one out of s/s? and think of the money you are going to save...

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK4
    To be honest I would rather spend the extra cash to buy something I know has had a lot of research and development. I have heard too many stories of people LOSING power on Honda's because of dodgy modifications. Honda's are built so well from the factory that you would be silly to think some average Joe at an exhaust shop could build better stuff. Spoon, Mugen and Toda are all very respected Honda tuners and you KNOW their products are going to be of the best quality and will give the best gains available. I personally think that is worth the extra cash. Just my opinion though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    to a point, i agree with you SiR CRX, but coming to think of it, half of Spoon products are slightly modified OEM Honda products. alot of these companies have great sh!t, dont get me wrong, but how much R&D can a length of piping possibly have?