Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98

DC2R oil filter location?

Can someone tell me where the oil filter is located on a dc2r? im doing an oil change and i cant see it from the top of the engine. I read elsewhere that its located somewhere near the throttle intake ??

Do i have to get straight under the car? I had it jacked up to drain the oil. And do i need a special tool??

Man its allot of hassle....i think i should of taken it to the mechanic. 80 bucks or no 80 bucks.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    It is easy once you know where the bastard is. Had to get my mate to show me on my gsi. Get under the car (right under it, I know its scary but you wont be there long) it is directly below the throttle body and screws into the block. Just go up from the oil pan and you should see it no worries. Good luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Thanks mate

it will have to wait until tomorrow, have a dinner tonight and so need to shower.

Is the diff fluid change as hard or easier?

Im changing the fluids when i get the chance...next will be power steering, clutch, brake and then coolant.

If its not on too tight you can reach from the top and get it, thats how I do it. A bit tight to get your arm through but its possible.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    get one of those oil filter wrench (not those from Kmart) from Repco or bursons.
    your can then unscrew your oil filter really easy.

I still don't understand why dealers do the filter and oil bolt so damn tight.

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    MAKE SURE YOU SUPPORT YOUR CAR WITH JACKSTANDS BEFORE CLIMBING UNDERNEATH IT. DO NOT SUPPORT YOUR CAR WITH JUST THE JACK.

Used all caps cause this is a very important precaution, you don't want it falling on you.

Diff fluid is a little harder to change, problem is gettin the fluid in the tranny properly, oh and make sure you use honda oil for the tranny, it works the best
    "When a man has reached the stage of having just about everything a woman could ask for, she usually does."

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Learn how to detail properly

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Integra Type R
    dont really have to get under the car just stand on the passanger side and reach under the throttle intake and twist try buy hand if not use a oil filter wrench

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Ok finally got around to changing it...lol car has been sitting around for a few days.

Thing is....a kinda decent sized ball bearing fell out when i removed the oil filter....i didnt know where it came from and i didnt put it back in when i put on the new oil filter...

Anyone have ideas on what it is? Its big enough to be like a mini marble size.

Also after warming the car up and checking for leaks....the dip stick still reads low....just below the first notch. Ive put in about 4.5 liters of oil already.....do dc2r's usually take this much oil? ive had a wrx and 200sx before and iv always pretty much had a liter left over from a 5 liter container when changing oil. I must add that the car has an oil cooler as well....does that add to the amount of oil that the engine/sump can store?
    Last edited by 10KRPM; 14-06-2005 at 05:39 PM. Reason: adding more info

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra *True* R
    You're testing the oil level when the engine is cold right?

Yes, it takes about 4.5 ltrs
    For Sale: Sold

oil filter should be located underneath the car

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Quote Originally Posted by ITRBoI
    oil filter should be located underneath the car

Hmmmm didnt you read the previous posts???

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    U should always check oil level when the car is warm at operating temperature, a cold reading is not accurate. Check it after driving, allowing about a minute for the oil to flow back into the pan.

And that ball bearing thing doesn't sound too good, never heard of that happening before, can u take a pic of it and post it ?
    "When a man has reached the stage of having just about everything a woman could ask for, she usually does."

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Learn how to detail properly

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/