i didn't say ok ma
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    Quote Originally Posted by kimo
    What about if the car is auto.

now theres something i never considered

if change all the pulleys should be ok....

whoever changed the pulleys....please post up when your main bearings fail !

does it mean that when u dont change the pulleys the main bearings wont fail????

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13
    does it mean that when u dont change the pulleys the main bearings wont fail????
    The crank pulley acts as a harmonic dampener. That's why the extra weight is on there on the stock pully. By changing it to a lighter one you are reducing the dampening and as a result the main bearings and crank journals are the first ones to feel the brunt of this.

It won't happen over night.......but it will happen!

every mod has its own costs... wear out certain parts faster than standard... this is just my thinking.... plus all depends on the driver's style of driving as well.... if u drive the car hard all the time, something will fail sooner as well.... i just feel that opinions stated in this thread are scaring people away from doing it.... two exact cars have the same exact mod, does that mean that those 2 cars will have the exact problems at the exact time? if not y???? if the answer is the same as mine, thats y i would always use the word "may", "should", "perhaps". Nothing is for certain. Yes, the bearings may fail, sooner than using the standard pulleys, but who knows when?????????????????

the pulley u guys r talking about..its not cam pulley for the timing belt right?

will changing timing belt pulley b no good?

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by pinklady
    the pulley u guys r talking about..its not cam pulley for the timing belt right?

will changing timing belt pulley b no good?
    I think jazz uses chain instead of belt for the cam gears. I think they are referring to the pulley that drives the alternater belt.

Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    The crank pulley acts as a harmonic dampener. That's why the extra weight is on there on the stock pully. By changing it to a lighter one you are reducing the dampening and as a result the main bearings and crank journals are the first ones to feel the brunt of this.

It won't happen over night.......but it will happen!

Ok what about the same size but lighter.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kimo
    Ok what about the same size but lighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    That's why the extra weight is on there on the stock pully.

Unless the entre engine is balanced to the weight of a lighter harmonic balancer - you will no doubt be waiting for perpetual engine failure...

keep it stock and change other bits for lightweight conterparts