Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    found this in option fans mag. it seems quite popular in HK. is this wat we r refering to?? any good?

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S Chilli R56
    i read this issue of option fan, they highly recommended the pulley...... I am suprised that so many people on this thread is against the idea of changing pulley.....

Quote Originally Posted by MRFIT
    i read this issue of option fan, they highly recommended the pulley...... I am suprised that so many people on this thread is against the idea of changing pulley.....
    If the crank/pulley acts as a harmonic balancer - THEN you cannot change it for a lighter item without running into issues down the road.
    IS this the case for newer engines ? IE Jazz engines ? *someone fill us in*

It is better off and safer changing your flywheel for a lighter item , using lightweight wheels or stripping out AC etc long before changing your main pulley

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    light weight the pulley is not the same as light weighting your car

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Quote Originally Posted by MRFIT
    That's y Oz is still in development on modifying a car. At least not as crazy as asian countries

Quote Originally Posted by TypeG
    That's y Oz is still in development on modifying a car. At least not as crazy as asian countries

Member Array
    Car:
    MB C200 and FN2R
    do you ever sleep sunny??

haha........u too

Quote Originally Posted by TypeG
    light weight the pulley is not the same as light weighting your car
    Obviously . Better spending money elsewhere first , than on this particular mod tho

DO fill us in on what the lightened crank does for the Jazz for example tho -

Quote Originally Posted by kimo
    Ok what about the same size but lighter.
    it is the same size but lighter.... a lighter one would let the pulley spin faster (time wise) and easier (less burden)... effect would b better response

Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13
    it is the same size but lighter.... a lighter one would let the pulley spin faster (time wise) and easier (less burden)... effect would b better response

the pulley turns in exact co-ordination with the entire engine as it is connected directly to the crank - less weight would put it out of spec due to inertia forces ? ( out of balance ?)

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    the pulley turns in exact co-ordination with the entire engine as it is connected directly to the crank - less weight would put it out of spec due to inertia forces ? ( out of balance ?)
    very wrong indeed
    lighter pulley make it spin faster and easier
    for the people who develop the pulley have do some research and design on the pulley itself and as well concern on car balancing. moreover, a lot of people used it in HK and not any single one complain on that in HK Jazz forum YET.
    Also we will trust what the book said as i am pretty sure they have a better knowledge on car mechanic than us including u.