Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch

F1 GrandPrix Canada 2005 - Discussion

So to Canada. Street circuit and a very street circuit street circuit. Very stop and start, short straight - chicane - short staight - hairpin - short straight - chicane - short straight - chicane, you get the picture.

So.... lots of big stops, lots of hot brakes, probably a few lock-ups into turn 10 which looks like the only real place to overtake. Or maybe turn 14.

That means... advantage Renault with their big torque engines. The McLarens are again set up very nicely and very fast. A lot will depend on qualifying between McLaren and Renault. Will the McLarens again suffer from flat spots? Will the Renaults' tyres last the race or will Alonso have to go defensive again?

The Williams' will surely struggle and get maimed on those straights.
    BAR, will the brakes hold up?

And very importantly... will the weather hold out??! If it rains then it will be anyone's race, 'cos hardly any of them have done proper wet practice. I just hope it's not dangerously wet, 'cos it would be a shame to spend a lot of laps behind the safety car.

So, who's going to stay up to watch the race at 3am? Is the Ten telecast live?
    Last edited by Vivski; 11-06-2005 at 06:50 PM.

Ten is showing it at 2:45am coverage starts, so its LIVE!
    I think Toyota is one to watch here, Renault and McLaren will be strong, but something is telling me a Renault DNF.

If it rains, Ferrari 1-2 by 2-3 minutes, only Ferrari/Bridgestone have been doing testing in the rain and Michael is unbelieveable in the wet aswell.

Might be 1-2 safety car periods I think, if there is things should get interesting, either way I think its going to be a great exciting race!

Oh and hell yeh i'll be watching it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKONE
    i have an exam on monday 9am. F***....

Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    Ten is showing it at 2:45am coverage starts, so its LIVE! ...
    EDIT.. nvm
    Last edited by ^^v; 12-06-2005 at 03:50 AM.

Fark, 2 runners to go, button on pole atm! dare we dream????

OMG heidfeld not going so well, one left, alonso, button still pole!!! cant sleep lol

OMFG< BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN POLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sato 6th, DARE we dream???????

Go sick HONDA

OMG!!!
    ahahahahaha

BUTTON P1!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EKONE
    go go go BAR!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    He must be running SUPER light!! Button on a 5 stop strategy?
    Awesome qualifying for the BARs, dismal qualifying by the Williams' and Schumy on the front row!! Jase and Jacko will be pleased.

man wots with this turn around??
    Button him self said he wouldnt be able to keep up with Renault n McLaren this round...
    hmmmmmm .. one suspects hes running super light....
    but lets hope not!!

fark, maybe its a part of a larger strategy?