Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Normally, it should "drift" to the left hand side a little because of our Right Hand Drive configuration... If you're in Europe or America, the cars there tend to "drift" to the right..

I suggest you have an alignment check on your car....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    Normally, it should "drift" to the left hand side a little because of our Right Hand Drive configuration... If you're in Europe or America, the cars there tend to "drift" to the right..

I suggest you have an alignment check on your car....

Assuming the alignment is correct... something like this may be needed.

http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/features/StraightTrak_2.cfm

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by TwEigh
    With my 18" my car drifted to the left
    I have alligned my car 3 times (once at BOBjane, twice at Tyrepower), and still drift to the left untill i cant be bothered anymore..
    Probably i will try to get it alligned at HONDA service centre later.
    Make sure you ask your Honda service department if they do the alignment themself or outsource wheel alignment to outside tyre shops.

With my friend's BMW 3-series. the steering wheel pull to the left straight after alignment at Bob- Jane t-mart. then he had to get a refund and have the problem ractified at BMW service centre. BMW routinely put weights in driver and all passenger's seat to simulate loaded condition and then do the wheel alignment.. BMW charges dearly for alignment..

Hello,

I have an 04 Auto Lux Euro Stock Standard.

This is my second Euro. My 1st one has no alignment problem. Does not drift left/right. But now i have got a 2nd Euro (after my the 1st one has been crashed...), when i got the 2nd Euro I experienced drifting towards the left!! I had not even drove into any pot holes!

I eventually had to do a wheel alignment with my 2nd dealer which cost me $170ish. It didn't fix the problem. This is NOT normal. Then I took the car back, they said one of my front tyre has worn out in some angle, they swapped it (front tyre) from left to right and now it is all straight!!

Just be aware that in some unfortunate circumstances, newly delivered car can have alignment problem. The dealer should have checked it before delivery. I have been told that I should have complaint about the alignment issue early so that it can be done under warranty! but unfortunately i didnt bothered with it until much later on. I thought it will settle by itself but it never did. I do understand that it is a pain!!! Made me want to get rid the car!

However, in your case, drifting RIGHT is quite abnormal. I have heard that due to the camber of the road, it should drift left but only slightly.

You should take your car back to the dealer and have it checked out (maybe alignment)! My car drives very straight now. If you dont do anything about it, it may wear out your tyre which is not good.

Hope this helps.

Guzzy

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    '05 Euro Lux have bridgestone re040 tyres which are uni directional. So we can't swap left and right... but only front and rear. Which brings up another interesting question.... WHICH side will the spare tyre be catered for? I haven't bothered to unlock the spare and have a look yet.

Anyway.. I took my car out for another break in session last night and have come to notice that maybe it's not so a drift to the right but the tram tracking on road curves that can sometimes kick the steering to the left or right. It doesn't pull right all the time.. so maybe when it's drifting right.. the slope is actually to the right. Will give it another week or so and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzy888
    Hello,

I have an 04 Auto Lux Euro Stock Standard.

This is my second Euro. My 1st one has no alignment problem. Does not drift left/right. But now i have got a 2nd Euro (after my the 1st one has been crashed...), when i got the 2nd Euro I experienced drifting towards the left!! I had not even drove into any pot holes!

I eventually had to do a wheel alignment with my 2nd dealer which cost me $170ish. It didn't fix the problem. This is NOT normal. Then I took the car back, they said one of my front tyre has worn out in some angle, they swapped it (front tyre) from left to right and now it is all straight!!

Just be aware that in some unfortunate circumstances, newly delivered car can have alignment problem. The dealer should have checked it before delivery. I have been told that I should have complaint about the alignment issue early so that it can be done under warranty! but unfortunately i didnt bothered with it until much later on. I thought it will settle by itself but it never did. I do understand that it is a pain!!! Made me want to get rid the car!

However, in your case, drifting RIGHT is quite abnormal. I have heard that due to the camber of the road, it should drift left but only slightly.

You should take your car back to the dealer and have it checked out (maybe alignment)! My car drives very straight now. If you dont do anything about it, it may wear out your tyre which is not good.

Hope this helps.

Guzzy

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    Quote Originally Posted by PNR888
    Make sure you ask your Honda service department if they do the alignment themself or outsource wheel alignment to outside tyre shops.

With my friend's BMW 3-series. the steering wheel pull to the left straight after alignment at Bob- Jane t-mart. then he had to get a refund and have the problem ractified at BMW service centre. BMW routinely put weights in driver and all passenger's seat to simulate loaded condition and then do the wheel alignment.. BMW charges dearly for alignment..
    I just looked through my allignment data, BOB Jane, they set the allignment setting to 1998 4 door honda accord ...

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    i thought that all cars would drift to the left to some extent, but only marginally.

Brand new my euro didn't drift at all, ever so slightly that u didn't notice, and the steering wheel was straight.

After 14,000km now, there is a more obvious pull to the left - but i'll get that re-aligned and balanced next service coming up.
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by V205
    '05 Euro Lux have bridgestone re040 tyres which are uni directional. So we can't swap left and right... but only front and rear. Which brings up another interesting question.... WHICH side will the spare tyre be catered for? I haven't bothered to unlock the spare and have a look yet.

I am not sure with 05 Euro Lux, but by logic, Honda should fit sparetyre for Left hand side of the car... (that's what Lexus does for IS200)
    Reasons: 1. LHS more likely to cop punctures (Kerb side)
    2. LHS wears faster so Spare wheel can be used for tyre rotation on LHS to share the work load of tyres - ie longer tyre life....

Can some one with 05 Lux model check the spare please.. and also weight the wheel if you can...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Sport
    My 06 Euro Sport has just barely reached 8,000kms and i'm now experiencing

slight drifting to the right.. i've taken it to get a wheel alignment, and the

checks have all come up clear.

running stock 17" 225s..

the thing is .. the car never use to drift to the right when i first purchased it..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    Euro sport. Standard everything.

Mine pulls badly to the right. Only 2 months old now. Reported it straight away. No fix. They are "investigating it" at Honda Aust with Bridgestone.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    My new Euro's wheel alignment was way out at only 5000km when I got my new rims+tyres (the original tyres were already wearing excessively on the inside of the right front wheel), so I am under the assumption that the honda factory dont do a proper alignment.

When you buy a new car, a proper laser alignment should be done asap to get good tyre life imo.

ps. The car didnt drift to the side at all on flat road, so I guess only the camber setting was out of wack.
    Last edited by EuroDude; 22-07-2006 at 07:44 PM.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogler
    Euro sport. Standard everything.

Mine pulls badly to the right. Only 2 months old now. Reported it straight away. No fix. They are "investigating it" at Honda Aust with Bridgestone.
    Euro Sport - OEM 17" rims with Bridgestone Potenza.

3300km on the odometer, 6 weeks old. And drifts slightly to the right. I don't think it did when I first bought the car so who knows... Certainly don't remember knocking any kerbs significantly hard enough to throw it out of whack!