Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Normally, it should "drift" to the left hand side a little because of our Right Hand Drive configuration... If you're in Europe or America, the cars there tend to "drift" to the right..

I suggest you have an alignment check on your car....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    Normally, it should "drift" to the left hand side a little because of our Right Hand Drive configuration... If you're in Europe or America, the cars there tend to "drift" to the right..

I suggest you have an alignment check on your car....

Assuming the alignment is correct... something like this may be needed.

http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/features/StraightTrak_2.cfm

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by TwEigh
    With my 18" my car drifted to the left
    I have alligned my car 3 times (once at BOBjane, twice at Tyrepower), and still drift to the left untill i cant be bothered anymore..
    Probably i will try to get it alligned at HONDA service centre later.
    Make sure you ask your Honda service department if they do the alignment themself or outsource wheel alignment to outside tyre shops.

With my friend's BMW 3-series. the steering wheel pull to the left straight after alignment at Bob- Jane t-mart. then he had to get a refund and have the problem ractified at BMW service centre. BMW routinely put weights in driver and all passenger's seat to simulate loaded condition and then do the wheel alignment.. BMW charges dearly for alignment..

Hello,

I have an 04 Auto Lux Euro Stock Standard.

This is my second Euro. My 1st one has no alignment problem. Does not drift left/right. But now i have got a 2nd Euro (after my the 1st one has been crashed...), when i got the 2nd Euro I experienced drifting towards the left!! I had not even drove into any pot holes!

I eventually had to do a wheel alignment with my 2nd dealer which cost me $170ish. It didn't fix the problem. This is NOT normal. Then I took the car back, they said one of my front tyre has worn out in some angle, they swapped it (front tyre) from left to right and now it is all straight!!

Just be aware that in some unfortunate circumstances, newly delivered car can have alignment problem. The dealer should have checked it before delivery. I have been told that I should have complaint about the alignment issue early so that it can be done under warranty! but unfortunately i didnt bothered with it until much later on. I thought it will settle by itself but it never did. I do understand that it is a pain!!! Made me want to get rid the car!

However, in your case, drifting RIGHT is quite abnormal. I have heard that due to the camber of the road, it should drift left but only slightly.

You should take your car back to the dealer and have it checked out (maybe alignment)! My car drives very straight now. If you dont do anything about it, it may wear out your tyre which is not good.

Hope this helps.

Guzzy

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    '05 Euro Lux have bridgestone re040 tyres which are uni directional. So we can't swap left and right... but only front and rear. Which brings up another interesting question.... WHICH side will the spare tyre be catered for? I haven't bothered to unlock the spare and have a look yet.

Anyway.. I took my car out for another break in session last night and have come to notice that maybe it's not so a drift to the right but the tram tracking on road curves that can sometimes kick the steering to the left or right. It doesn't pull right all the time.. so maybe when it's drifting right.. the slope is actually to the right. Will give it another week or so and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzy888
    Hello,

I have an 04 Auto Lux Euro Stock Standard.

This is my second Euro. My 1st one has no alignment problem. Does not drift left/right. But now i have got a 2nd Euro (after my the 1st one has been crashed...), when i got the 2nd Euro I experienced drifting towards the left!! I had not even drove into any pot holes!

I eventually had to do a wheel alignment with my 2nd dealer which cost me $170ish. It didn't fix the problem. This is NOT normal. Then I took the car back, they said one of my front tyre has worn out in some angle, they swapped it (front tyre) from left to right and now it is all straight!!

Just be aware that in some unfortunate circumstances, newly delivered car can have alignment problem. The dealer should have checked it before delivery. I have been told that I should have complaint about the alignment issue early so that it can be done under warranty! but unfortunately i didnt bothered with it until much later on. I thought it will settle by itself but it never did. I do understand that it is a pain!!! Made me want to get rid the car!

However, in your case, drifting RIGHT is quite abnormal. I have heard that due to the camber of the road, it should drift left but only slightly.

You should take your car back to the dealer and have it checked out (maybe alignment)! My car drives very straight now. If you dont do anything about it, it may wear out your tyre which is not good.

Hope this helps.

Guzzy

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by V205
    '05 Euro Lux have bridgestone re040 tyres which are uni directional. So we can't swap left and right... but only front and rear. Which brings up another interesting question.... WHICH side will the spare tyre be catered for? I haven't bothered to unlock the spare and have a look yet.

I am not sure with 05 Euro Lux, but by logic, Honda should fit sparetyre for Left hand side of the car... (that's what Lexus does for IS200)
    Reasons: 1. LHS more likely to cop punctures (Kerb side)
    2. LHS wears faster so Spare wheel can be used for tyre rotation on LHS to share the work load of tyres - ie longer tyre life....

Can some one with 05 Lux model check the spare please.. and also weight the wheel if you can...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    Quote Originally Posted by PNR888
    Make sure you ask your Honda service department if they do the alignment themself or outsource wheel alignment to outside tyre shops.

With my friend's BMW 3-series. the steering wheel pull to the left straight after alignment at Bob- Jane t-mart. then he had to get a refund and have the problem ractified at BMW service centre. BMW routinely put weights in driver and all passenger's seat to simulate loaded condition and then do the wheel alignment.. BMW charges dearly for alignment..
    I just looked through my allignment data, BOB Jane, they set the allignment setting to 1998 4 door honda accord ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by TwEigh
    With my 18" my car drifted to the left
    I have alligned my car 3 times (once at BOBjane, twice at Tyrepower), and still drift to the left untill i cant be bothered anymore..
    Probably i will try to get it alligned at HONDA service centre later.
    Nothing can be done.

Mine drifts to the left and its because its lowered. We put it on the rig (after trying to rectify it twice) and realised that the rear left have a -2.5 deg camber and the rear right had a -3.5 degree. Without a camber kit nothing can be done, saying that though we chaged the toe on the left front to point in abit which helped out.

Problem is i called Pedders and they said that there wasnt any camber kit for the Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury

Tramlining

The standard Dunlops on the standard 16 x 6.5 rims fitted to my car were great but the car tended to wander in all directions at high speed (180km/h+ in Northern Territory before much hated 130km/h speed limit introduced). I contacted Whiteline Suspensions and, as I had done with my previous car, I sent them my original rear anti-sway bar so that they could make a stiffer bar (that they now sell it to other CL9 owners). The new bar made little difference to straight-line stabilty at high speed but it sure gave a nicer turn-in to corners! I had tried Performance Rebel 17 x 7 wheels with 45mm offset with Bridgestone RE040 tyres but the car tramlined as no car should. I thought that the problem might be caused by the 45mm offset (55mm standard). I then purchased a set of the current 10(?) spoke Euro Luxury 17 x 7 wheels. I fitted the used RE040 from the borrowed Rebel rims but the tramlining persisted. I fitted new Dunlop SportMaxx 225/45R17 tyres ($288 each). Great tyre. Tramlining reduced substantially. I don't think it is the tyres that cause the tramlining but rather how worn-out the tyres are. As far as the "positive, neutral or negative bias " goes, they must be talking about the suspension toe (positive, neutral or negative bias ). Should be neutral at front and toe-in of 2mm at rear.
    Last edited by SPQR; 03-03-2007 at 02:40 PM.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    The standard Dunlops on the standard 16 x 6.5 rims fitted to my car were great but the car tended to wander in all directions at high speed (180km/h+ in Northern Territory before much hated 130km/h speed limit introduced). I contacted Whiteline Suspensions and, as I had done with my previous car, I sent them my original rear anti-sway bar so that they could make a stiffer bar (that they now sell it to other CL9 owners). The new bar made little difference to straight-line stabilty at high speed but it sure gave a nicer turn-in to corners! I had tried Performance Rebel 17 x 7 wheels with 45mm offset with Bridgestone RE040 tyres but the car tramlined as no car should. I thought that the problem might be caused by the 45mm offset (55mm standard). I then purchased a set of the current 10(?) spoke Euro Luxury 17 x 7 wheels. I fitted the used RE040 from the borrowed Rebel rims but the tramlining persisted. I fitted new Dunlop SportMaxx 225/45R17 tyres ($288 each). Great tyre. Tramlining reduced substantially. I don't think it is the tyres that cause the tramlining but rather how worn-out the tyres are. As far as the "positive, neutral or negative bias " goes, they must be talking about the suspension toe (positive, neutral or negative bias ). Should be neutral at front and toe-in of 2mm at rear.
    If you definatley want less tramlining you should try something with softer sidewalls - I also found improvement moving to a non-directional tyre (but that could be tyre specific rather than a general rule)

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry

Sorry Everyone......

Sorry all for not being here for a while, alot has happened to me since (moved house, No internet, plus very busy with work, stress over my car drifting etc. etc.)

I pushed Honda hard about this problem, and had a meeting with

[yfin edit *** edited name of the person you met at Honda as you have called them a not so pleasant word...]

He couldn't answer my question..........If they fixed the problem which they assured me they did ("NOT"), then what was the CAUSE ?

All he gave me was umm, this, umm, that....pfft what a loser couldn't lie if his life depended on it.

These guys at Honda are all bummies, they colaborate with each other, so they get there stories straight, yes they are one big happy family at Honda Aust & dealerships......

I can tell you that Honda are pushing sales, at what ever cost.....and RE-CALLS are a BIG NO NO.

Anyhow Leigh offered me tyres out of a good will gesture, which I accepted reluctantly, but what the heck these guys caused me grief so F*%# 'em....

Drove the car like that for a while, after being to many steering and suspension places to talk about my problems, tried some things, still no good.

They all put it down to tyres, by the way.....

I had noticed that one of the places I had took my car too had pumped my front tyres to 36 psi (hard). Someone had mentioned this in a previous post.
    Wasn't as bad but still very noticable still, drove it for a while like that until I put new springs in my car (lowered, Eibachs) then was getting great big thuds on bad bumps, checked tyre pressure, found it was too much put it back to 30-32psi problem went away, but pulling to the right was back as it was before Very Very bad!!!

My steering wheel is still out after so many 1000's of attempts....my steering straightens when road cambers to the right, funny huh?

All this grief this car has caused me

If anyone is thinking of buying a euro think twice trust me not worth it

Customer satisfaction you reckon....Worst iv'e come accross.

Anyway I went to claim my new tyres only because I am going through a process of elimination, (change the tyres see what happens) you never know.
    They told me that leigh had "hit it on the head" and his good will gesture flew out the door, because I had not taken it up before that my car must be running fine, so i didn't need them. What a loser !!

Well stay tuned for a new thread called "KNOW YOUR HONDA DEALER" as I will be giving detailed information on my dealership and it's staff, time to name names, Ozhonda style !!!!

If you are in Victoria please call this person as he is the one who has last word on your car.

Honda Australia District Service Manager
    Southern Region

Leigh McNamara
    Direct phone number 92855570
    Mobile number 0419 336 183
    email leighm@honda.com.au
    Last edited by LXRY; 17-03-2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: oops sorry......yfin made a spelling error.....

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by LXRY View Post
    Sorry all for not being here for a while, alot has happened to me since (moved house, No internet, plus very busy with work, stress over my car drifting etc. etc.)

I pushed Honda hard about this problem, and had a meeting with

[yfin edit *** edited name of the person you met at Honda as you have called them a not so pleasant word...]

He couldn't answer my question..........If they fixed the problem which they assured me they did ("NOT"), then what was the CAUSE ?

All he gave me was umm, this, umm, that....pfft what a loser couldn't lie if his life depended on it.

These guys at Honda are all bummies, they colaborate with each other, so they get there stories straight, yes they are one big happy family at Honda Aust & dealerships......

I can tell you that Honda are pushing sales, at what ever cost.....and RE-CALLS are a BIG NO NO.

Anyhow Leigh offered me tyres out of a good will gesture, which I accepted reluctantly, but what the heck these guys caused me grief so F*%# 'em....

Drove the car like that for a while, after being to many steering and suspension places to talk about my problems, tried some things, still no good.

They all put it down to tyres, by the way.....

I had noticed that one of the places I had took my car too had pumped my front tyres to 36 psi (hard). Someone had mentioned this in a previous post.
    Wasn't as bad but still very noticable still, drove it for a while like that until I put new springs in my car (lowered, Eibachs) then was getting great big thuds on bad bumps, checked tyre pressure, found it was too much put it back to 30-32psi problem went away, but pulling to the right was back as it was before Very Very bad!!!

My steering wheel is still out after so many 1000's of attempts....my steering straightens when road cambers to the right, funny huh?

All this grief this car has caused me

If anyone is thinking of buying a euro think twice trust me not worth it

Customer satisfaction you reckon....Worst iv'e come accross.

Anyway I went to claim my new tyres only because I am going through a process of elimination, (change the tyres see what happens) you never know.
    They told me that leigh had "hit it on the head" and his good will gesture flew out the door, because I had not taken it up before that my car must be running fine, so i didn't need them. What a loser !!

Well stay tuned for a new thread called "KNOW YOUR HONDA DEALER" as I will be giving detailed information on my dealership and it's staff, time to name names, Ozhonda style !!!!
    It's got to be those piece of shit RE040s (or they're largely to blame).Ive got the same car as you (06 man lux with 17s).The day after i bought my car i changed the RE040s for Conti sport contact 2s.15k later NO pulling/drifting at all!!!Plus i have aftermarket rims(17s)lowered,Bilstein/Eibach shocks/springs and i'm running 40psi in the tyres.Ride those pricks hard,get a set of new tyres(RE040s i'll bet they'll give you)as soon as you get them fitted go to a tyer place that sells decent tyres and trade them in for something else(Dunlop Sport Maxx i hear are good)and i'll bet your problems will be over!Let us know how you go!
    Last edited by yfin; 17-03-2007 at 08:42 AM.