Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    Mine has had 2 alignments from 3 days old by the dealer. They also rotated tyres etc. Everything checked out "within specs" I was told. But it still does it. 8 weeks now I have been putting up with it and if anything, it is getting worse. The outside of the drivers tyre is scrubbing. Only 1500 km on the car to date. The dealer acknowledged the fault, but it is now a waiting game for a solution from Honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    @Woogler if its not an alignment issue, maybe the power steering system is faulty? Just a thought...
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by TwEigh
    With my 18" my car drifted to the left
    I have alligned my car 3 times (once at BOBjane, twice at Tyrepower), and still drift to the left untill i cant be bothered anymore..
    Probably i will try to get it alligned at HONDA service centre later.
    Nothing can be done.

Mine drifts to the left and its because its lowered. We put it on the rig (after trying to rectify it twice) and realised that the rear left have a -2.5 deg camber and the rear right had a -3.5 degree. Without a camber kit nothing can be done, saying that though we chaged the toe on the left front to point in abit which helped out.

Problem is i called Pedders and they said that there wasnt any camber kit for the Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    There is a camber kit for the euro. Pedders probably only checked their supplier or their own brand range.

There is one the for TSX in the states, which will fit our euro.

Cant remember the link tho... The brand is "SPC"
    .© ♪

Mine doesn't seem to drift left or right, but, it does tramline a fair bit.
    Its actually quite tiring sometimes, especially if the road is rough and you have to fight with the steering wheel.

I like it like this on the weekend. But not when I'm tired after work.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogler
    Mine has had 2 alignments from 3 days old by the dealer. They also rotated tyres etc. Everything checked out "within specs" I was told. But it still does it. 8 weeks now I have been putting up with it and if anything, it is getting worse. The outside of the drivers tyre is scrubbing. Only 1500 km on the car to date. The dealer acknowledged the fault, but it is now a waiting game for a solution from Honda.
    Woogler - like I said, you need to ask your dealer how they are doing the alignment. My dealer told me the car was within spec too (manual check) - I didn't believe them and took it to Tyre Factory for a 4 wheel alignment. They hooked up the lasers and wouldn't you know it - the alignment was out.
    Last edited by yfin; 23-07-2006 at 04:55 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    Acknowledged.
    Going there in the morning for the scratched instrument cluster and door handle. Will update tomorrow night.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    you know, if the dealer can't align your car properly, might wanna get it somewhere else and if that other place can fix it, get your dealer to pay for the cost (if such things can be justified). I had mine lowered, then aligned at tyre power (forgot the suburb but around the north area - recommended by the workshop) and I never have problem since. The car does drift to the left slightly, which I think is normal.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport '06
    Update

Nothing could be done by the "touch up guy", which I am glad. It is a new car and I don't want a bodgey fix done. However, the service manager is away and no one knows what to do next unless they talk to him. So after nearly 4 weeks have passed since they scratched my instrument cluster, I am still waiting until other people return to work for their next option.

More to follow......

What I hate about the wheel alignment guys is that most of them don't tell you the truth - that your newly paid for and alien technology laser adjusted alignment doesn't even last a week in that exact setting. Ok, if the car's alignment is really bad then it does fix any annoyances, but after that it still seems to get itself slightly mis-aligned only after a short while even if you don't hit anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Sport

Unhappy Drifting into ongoing traffic

Euro Sport - OEM 17" rims with Bridgestone Potenza.
    1100km on the odometer, 4 weeks old, has drifted to the right from day ONE.
    Have never knocked any kerbs to throw it out of whack!
    At 1000km service was told to wait and it would correct itself.
    Didn't accept that and asked for wheel rotation and/or alignment, got the wheel rotation and it is slightly better but not perfect.
    Will probably hassle for a wheel alignment soon if it doesn't get better.

Other than this tendancy for the car to drift into ongoing traffic (a major thing) its a great car, hope they can fix this problem?
    Last edited by cgspot; 03-08-2006 at 03:29 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Manual 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cgspot
    Euro Sport - OEM 17" rims with Bridgestone Potenza.
    1100km on the odometer, 4 weeks old, has drifted to the right from day ONE.
    Have never knocked any kerbs to throw it out of whack!
    At 1000km service was told to wait and it would correct itself.
    Didn't accept that and asked for wheel rotation and/or alignment, got the wheel rotation and it is slightly better but not perfect.
    Will probably hassle for a wheel alignment soon if it doesn't get better.

Other than this tendancy for the car to drift into ongoing traffic (a major thing) its a great car, hope they can fix this problem?
    Ditto to that...
    Euro Sport 550KM, drifting right since day 1. Will ask the dealer to look at it when I get it serviced.