Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Boston Z6 Vs Focal Utopia Beryllium

Ok here goes, i've currently have the boston Z6 splits in my itr, and I'm looking at upgrading to the Focal Utopia Beryllium 6" component,. Now my question is that have anyone got one of these install into their car ( the focal).

At the moment the boston sounds AWESOME, but I don't know if I should do the upgrade or not, simply because I have not heard what the focal sounds like. Any input is much appreciated. I heard the Focal Utopia Beryllium are suppose to be the best, but i dont want just any recommendation, i need prove. Facts and figure dont do anything for me, so if anyone have the Focal Utopia Beryllium please let me know, as im indeed of advice. Even if anyone the Focal 165K2P and can give me a little review on them is also good too.

Heard that the Focal 165K2P are just as good as the Boston Pro Series.

So any help would be much appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    DENIED LS Integra
    Honestly man.. speakers are a very subjective thing. I had a set of Focal Utopia 3-ways and honestly I hated, hated them with a passion. Swapped to the BA Pro's and have never looked back.

I find the Focals, very harsh and painful to listen to...

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by tegboy
    Honestly man.. speakers are a very subjective thing. I had a set of Focal Utopia 3-ways and honestly I hated, hated them with a passion. Swapped to the BA Pro's and have never looked back.

I find the Focals, very harsh and painful to listen to...

Good luck
    you sure is the same series im talking about hrere??? the 6" component set is 3799 and the 6" and 3" 3-way component is 4649. I hope you are talking about the same one, i know money is not the issue here, but i was told it's the best quality splits.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    you're not going to get anything really helpful here or anywhere on the net really to be honest. Go find somewhere you can listen to them in person yourself. It's the only way to see if speakers suit you tastes.
    Intentionally Left Blank

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    the only way you will find out is to listen to them, speak with the guys at fairfield car radios as the owner is the one that imports and distributes focal. he will be your best bet to have a listen to them before you decide to spend the dollars...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

i have but, they dont have one in stock to listen too!!! and plus even if they do, on the board sounds completely different as to in the car!! and of course they are going to say buy this and buy that, come afterall they are all they only want to make a sale.

Even if anyone here have the Focal 165K2P, for me to listen, so that i can judge for myself

try caa for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by chan
    try caa for advice.
    caa??? whart's that or who's that???

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    im on there, and i can tell you that i havent seen anyone thats heard the berillium yet. for the comparisson i'd keep what you got. i got one question, what wrong with the Z6's? they are a fantastic speaker IMO...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    im thinking Bostons are the better ones... havent heard those utopias yet tho.. are they a new line?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    might be, ive only heard of them in home audio. lenn wallis audio in lane cove has the home ones in the show room and theyre $30,000 a pair