Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8

Euro R / Mugen Grille All Together In One Thread

Hi guys i'm thinking of doing a small amount of modding to my car. The first thing i'm thinking of getting is the Euro R grill. But i have a few questions at this point.

1. Can i order this grill from Australia and how much would it cost?

2. Is it difficult to install? Can i DIY or do i need somebody to install it for me?

3. Will changing the grill void my Honda warranty?

Hopefully i can get some answers soon. Thanks for the help guys.

don't worry about the warranty.... if the grille falls appart though obviously tehy won't replace it. But it shouldn't affect anything else.

as for your other questions.... there good ones haha i wouldn't mind knowing the answers either

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    1. Can i order this grill from Australia and how much would it cost?

Yes, I'm pretty sure many places that sell bodykits or car accessories (ie. Carmate, Motorware etc) will be able to order one in for you, prices varies heavily because the grill is not a common item that is being brought in. Possibly the cheapest option is to buy one off a reliable internet site in America and have it shipped over. Also, contact the various OzHonda traders for help, they support the site and give us reasonable prices...

2. Is it difficult to install? Can i DIY or do i need somebody to install it for me?

From what I heard, it's only the clips that are a pain to remove as it is rather tight.... Contact Euro77 for help...

3. Will changing the grill void my Honda warranty?

Like I've said many times, IF the item in question is damaged due to it's relationship with your after-market part, the warranty will not stand. For example, you put in the grille and because of that it cracked/broke another part of the car panel/part, you will not a warranty claim against that.

Hope this helps...

CHEERS
    Nick
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    carmate would not stock this grille because i asked them (this was about 6 months ago). like euroaccord13 said, this grille is a JDM item and would cost a bit. your best bet would be the traders. ebay is ok but be sure its the euro R grille, not some bodgy ripoff. PM LOC888 as he had his installed.
    If you are based in Sydney, contact IS Motoracing and ask for Chris.

install wise, there are 4 clips that u have to take off from memory. these clips can be undone with a flathead screwdriver and just popping em out. there are 2 at the top which are relatively easy, but there are 2 on the bottom of the grille attached to the front bar. this is an absolute PITA to get out but once u get em, the hard part is done

warranty shouldnt be a big worry here. exactly what euroaccord13 said
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Thanks for the help fellas. Cheers!

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    other way is to import them, www.boomplustoys.com & www.polepositionproducts.com both sells them, think they are in Canada.
    yes, there are a few clips that are a b*tch to remove underneath the grill. Best way to do it is to undo your bumper and take the s*cker out
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 6MT 2004

Mugen Grill

Merging Tiago's Question to this Thread
    Reason : Similar Question in asking....

Just been lookin through the threads and was wondering if anyone could help me out with info on how to import a mugen grill from japan for the euro seeing as though it aint possible to purchase them here in australia..

THanx
    Last edited by EuroAccord13; 31-05-2005 at 12:13 AM.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Welcome to Oz Honda Tiago, please introduce yourself in the Intro Lounge

Your question is related in a similar way to this thread...

To avoid answering to threads of similar questions, I am merging this thread together and editing the Title of this Thread ...

CHEERS
    Last edited by EuroAccord13; 31-05-2005 at 12:17 AM.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    Ebay has these type grilles on for sale.
    If you want genuine mugen, Peekay34 on our accord forums has got a mugen grille from our neighbours in NZ. It might be cheaper to import it from NZ than from Japan if ur looking for original mugen stuff. Although i could be wrong.

there are other places which stock mugen grille like

http://www.polepositionproducts.com
    http://www.aj-racing.com
    http://www.japanparts.com/

if you're based in sydney, try

http://www.ismotorracing.com/home.htm

and ask/email Chris. These guys should be able to source you just about anything mugen for the euro. If you're in a diff. state, im sure they are willing to ship to your location. Hope this helps
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Thanks for the detailed info. I'm going to give Chris a call today. Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Ok i've talked to Chris. Genuine Euro R grill + Installation = $200 AUD all up. He mentioned the need to replace the audio panel or something. Does anybody know what he's talking about?

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    To all the fella's that live in Perth W.A, went to Prestige Honda today & saw a brand spanking new Standard Euro with the Euro R grille on it in the Showroom... My friend that works there lied to me, heheheh he said that there was a Euro-R in the showroom... (Guess he wanted me to come ova and see him and that was the only way to danggle a carrot for me to see him)...

It had the full factory kit with Euro R grille.. But other then that it was the standard blue Accord Euro... So Dealers are adding them in as options....

So definetly u can get them from Prestige Honda... Didn't ask the price for it though coz i know that it would have costed dearly...
    Last edited by Pum[Z]; 31-05-2005 at 08:33 PM.