Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...

Jazz as a Performance Vehicle?

Hi guys, as some of you might know i already own an Ek4 so the following question is actually asked on behalf of my cousin.

He asking the jazz is like from a "performance" perspective... obviously a jazz isnt going to beat a wrx in a straight line war nor a lan-evo in a corner....

but is a 7 second 0-100KM with bolt-ons (high quality ones) possible?

in terms of cornering, with coilovers (eg: tein wagons), will it be comparable to a civic si (his current car)

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    witout a turbo or integra type r transplant

forget it

7 sec should be quite possible. the stock is doing 9.6 sec =)
    and there are bolt on turbo and supercharger kits available.so should be possible.=).

i dont consider a car with a diff engine the same car anymore.

e.g.
    Jazz With a K20A just isn't a Jazz
    A EG with a K20A isn't a EG, its a friggen monster
    Almost ozhonda furniture.

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    even with taking out rear seats, spare tyres, doin a custom intake system , full exhaust including extractors, vafc2 i reckon you would be hard to get into the low 8sec 0-100km/h. not sure if there is cams or ecu available for jazz

this a pretty redundant question

jazz is designed for economy

1.5 vtec version rated at 110bhp, 1.3? i would just forget it

you want 200+bhp? only choice is k20a swap or bolt on turbo, otherwise look for other car options
    Last edited by panda; 15-06-2005 at 06:00 PM.

Member Array
    a turbo'ed Jazz will run 8 seconds.. 7 seconds for a N/A Jazz is impossible, not with the stock L15A engine anyway.. 9 seconds is probably as far as it will get.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    thanks for teh replies ppl! : )

u see he is tossing up between an old teggy for 17,000 or a almost new VTiS jazz... everyone knows the old teggiesa would cane... but he doesnt want the problems associated with an old car

wot about handling? with coilovers and the appropriate swaybars/strubars/bushes/etc how does the jazz go in the handling department?

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    If you go and check out the Timeslips section and go to the very last position, you will see me there with a 16.6 1/4 mile and that was in full road trim (all seats, 16s, spare, etc) with just an exhaust, intake and V-AFC 2. You will also see that in the position above me is Wyn with his Civic Si which put out the same time.....so I guess that's a bit of a comparison for you there.

My car is putting out a bit more power now and with a bit of practice I would say a very high 15 is achievable....

There are no cams or anything available for the car, so most engine mods are limited to intake and exhaust, plus a bit of tuning with the V-AFC 2 or greddy e-Manage.

They aren't super quick, but they are a lot of fun to drive.

As far as handling goes, drop some decent coilovers in, slam it, and it is awesome! The stock suspension setup is nothing flash so it's hard to jusge the car if you take it for a test-drive, but I can guarantee that this car can handle!

It is also super practical, pretty much escapes attention from the cops and uses hardly any fuel.

It is a great car for what it is and with minimal mods it can be turned in to something pretty awesome for the money IMO....but then I'm a bit biased aren't I?!

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Can't really think of a sub $17K new car which can give you 7sec 0-100...
    Anyone???

sorry missed the question about handling

i list below all my recent cars past owned with the suspension used in ranked order in my opinion from best to worst

1. ek4- koni adjustable coilovers
    2. eg6- front lowering springs
    3. fit- tein adjustable coilovers
    4. ek4- standard
    5. dc2- standard

hands down the civic has best handling out of these honda cars, the eg more so than the ek if a good suspension setup

sure i havent slammed the fit yet but i doubt it would handle better than the other hondas listed

i have seen video of fit on track and once the driver cliped the kerb and momentarily lifted it up on the 2 side wheels 2 reason i think this happen because 1.lightweight 2.center of gravity high

without going into great detail you will know all great handling cars are low, toyota mrs, nsx, ferrari etc

park a fit next to these cars it will look like milk truck

also i think the eps is totally screwed and there is a discussion about this on another thread and i this is also important to consider for handling

despite these negative remarks i still my fit but i fully realise the limitations of the car and dont expect it to be a f1 fighter jet

Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10
    If you go and check out the Timeslips section and go to the very last position, you will see me there with a 16.6 1/4 mile and that was in full road trim (all seats, 16s, spare, etc) with just an exhaust, intake and V-AFC 2. You will also see that in the position above me is Wyn with his Civic Si which put out the same time.....so I guess that's a bit of a comparison for you there.

My car is putting out a bit more power now and with a bit of practice I would say a very high 15 is achievable....

There are no cams or anything available for the car, so most engine mods are limited to intake and exhaust, plus a bit of tuning with the V-AFC 2 or greddy e-Manage.

They aren't super quick, but they are a lot of fun to drive.

As far as handling goes, drop some decent coilovers in, slam it, and it is awesome! The stock suspension setup is nothing flash so it's hard to jusge the car if you take it for a test-drive, but I can guarantee that this car can handle!

It is also super practical, pretty much escapes attention from the cops and uses hardly any fuel.

It is a great car for what it is and with minimal mods it can be turned in to something pretty awesome for the money IMO....but then I'm a bit biased aren't I?!
    yes i agree with u.... ... not the biased part of cos... heheh