Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by panda
    sorry missed the question about handling

i list below all my recent cars past owned with the suspension used in ranked order in my opinion from best to worst

1. ek4- koni adjustable coilovers
    2. eg6- front lowering springs
    3. fit- tein adjustable coilovers
    4. ek4- standard
    5. dc2- standard

hands down the civic has best handling out of these honda cars, the eg more so than the ek if a good suspension setup

sure i havent slammed the fit yet but i doubt it would handle better than the other hondas listed

i have seen video of fit on track and once the driver cliped the kerb and momentarily lifted it up on the 2 side wheels 2 reason i think this happen because 1.lightweight 2.center of gravity high

without going into great detail you will know all great handling cars are low, toyota mrs, nsx, ferrari etc

park a fit next to these cars it will look like milk truck

also i think the eps is totally screwed and there is a discussion about this on another thread and i this is also important to consider for handling

despite these negative remarks i still my fit but i fully realise the limitations of the car and dont expect it to be a f1 fighter jet
    i guess thats y spoon slammed its jazz that low to the ground....

yes have to slam to compensate for the height of the car, jazz is high and skinny, civic is wide and low, civic the perfect handling beast
    Last edited by panda; 15-06-2005 at 08:36 PM.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Yeah the steering is definately the downer on the handling front....

they could have maybe added a eps control like honda cf4 so can control hardnes and softnes of steering

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Referring to the Temple of VTEC Asia, KN tested the Jazz and I quote :

Quote Originally Posted by
    It consistently did the 0-60mph run at a time of between 8.7 to 9.0 seconds for an average of just above 8.8 seconds !! This was really astonishing especially at the time I was doing the runs. By comparison, the 'reference' cars in the mid-sized and full-sized 'sports-sedan' segment, the Civic 2.0 i-VTEC and the local Accord 2.4 i-VTEC returned averaged times of 8.5 and 8.6 seconds respectively, not a lot faster than what the Jazz did !
    Link : http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/JazzVtec/index.html

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    hmmm thats a really interesting vehicle

on the topic of straight line speed for $17,000 bucks... u can get a pretty new s.14 for that money i think...but yeh he wants a honda and he reckons the jazz looks really good

so a jazz IS comparable to a civic VTI or civic Si?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & CL9
    id definitely say so, plus its a much more practical car than the 3dr civic

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    all very interseting...

so all u jazz drivers reckon the car will gain the status of the older SOHC VTEC civics one day to modifierS?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    **Ghost**all very interseting...

so all u jazz drivers reckon the car will gain the status of the older SOHC VTEC civics one day to modifierS?

Eventually . . .

On the handling side of things, I've never been in a civic with an aftermarket suspension setup so i can't compare it to that, however, from stock suspension to what i have now it is a MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT!!! It handles as well as my dad's IS300 if not better in some circumstances but thats just my opinion . . . .

If he does get a jazz, definitely put the j's racing fender braces on the list as they massively reduce the understeer on the car!!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by petrovski
    Eventually . . .

On the handling side of things, I've never been in a civic with an aftermarket suspension setup so i can't compare it to that, however, from stock suspension to what i have now it is a MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT!!! It handles as well as my dad's IS300 if not better in some circumstances but thats just my opinion . . . .

If he does get a jazz, definitely put the j's racing fender braces on the list as they massively reduce the understeer on the car!!

Pete
    fender braces?? which one is that? any pic?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    Sorry for temporary hijack
    Jus-10 has the photos of them as we used his camera . . .

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13
    fender braces?? which one is that? any pic?
    i think he talking about canards