Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Hi, looking for a car, and thought of the integra GSi. I just turn 17 and i am not sure if i should get the car or not. I found a 1999 model for around 18grand, is that good?. Does anyone else is 17 and has a GSi? if do, what are the insurance like? also, i noticed that earily integra has sunroof as standard features, but later model doesnt, can anyone tell me whys that?

and last, the GSi only has 107kw. is there any possible power gain to the VTi-R standard of 124kw??

If integra aint a good car, then any suggestions would be appriciated

thank you

its seriously up to you... the gsi is not vtec i believe and it may be hard trying to reach the same power as the vtir version. you might be able to find a slightly cheaper one than 18, but i think they would be around that price for the 99 model.. insurance depends on the company and considering it is classified as a 2 door 'sports-car' then its going to be a bit more expensive. the integra is a great car, by all means go ahead and get it :P
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    if you do some good reading of the forums, you should be able to peice together any information you would need on purchasing a honda.

Good luck

welcome to the forums by the way.

why dont you post in the introductions aswel

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    buy a slightly older vtir for the same amount of money
    there are more mods avail for vtec engines

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    get a free quotes with READY PLANS INSURANCE Company ... 1300 131 366 ... when i just got my teg, i went around and call around for quotes from AAMI, RACV, JUST-CARS and other.... i remember i paid $750/yr thru Ready Plans, this year only 630$... i am pretty happy... i remember other comp quoting for over 800$...

good luck dude

Hey.. I have seen 1998 Integra VTI-r going for 18k before.. try looking around if you're not in a rush to buy a car..

You can get VTi-R's for about $16,000 these days easily. They are far better than the GSi but will be more to insure. You should get quotes for both models and see which ends up being cheaper. It depends a lot on how much money you have but i highly recommend getting the VTi-R and if you can't getting a different model Honda. The GSi is a sluggish unattractive car.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by vti-2
    You can get VTi-R's for about $16,000 these days easily. They are far better than the GSi but will be more to insure. You should get quotes for both models and see which ends up being cheaper. It depends a lot on how much money you have but i highly recommend getting the VTi-R and if you can't getting a different model Honda. The GSi is a sluggish unattractive car.
    BAHAHAHA.... *takes the bait*
    The GSi and VTiR share basically exactly the same features barring the engine and ABS systems.
    A 1995 GSi will LOOK exactly the same as a 1995 VTiR DC2... except the VTiR is colour coded on the door panel mouldings and comes stock with 15" alloy rims (as compared to the 14" steelies on the GSi).
    If you are after something for performance definitely get an older model VTiR. As tanghy mentioned, there's plenty of performance and go fast mods for the B18C VTEC engine.
    However if you're 17, not that speed orientated and looking for a decent package with nice looks and decent power then a GSi should be fine. It handles equal to a VTiR stock, and the same suspension/handling mods can be thrown on both cars.
    Oh yeah...apparently the non VTEC GSi engine is easier to turbo as well....
    Or you could just listen to those who have absolutely no idea about what they're on about............ :P

Sorry AK, it's 5.30am and i've been driving for way too many hours....
    Good luck in your search buddy.....

(wishes there were some non- "sluggish" stock GSi's in Melbourne....... would teach some ppl a lesson :roll: )

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    You just turned 17 and you want a GSi? Are you a stock broker? How do these kids afford this stuff? Ok you might be able to BUY the car, but not be able to OWN it. Think about it...

Insurance, accident repair bills (there WILL be some), pety mods to be cool to your mates, fuel and services. All adds up man. Dont be another one of those people that buy something just for looks. I'd love and integra, but on the same hand I wouldnt want one if I was tearing out my bum hairs to afford it (Guess I could own a Ferrari with the amount I have LOL!).. Think about your financial situation first, then maybe consider something a bit cheaper to run (Civic etc)..

Theo

Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    Quote Originally Posted by vti-2
    BAHAHAHA.... *takes the bait*
    The GSi and VTiR share basically exactly the same features barring the engine and ABS systems.
    A 1995 GSi will LOOK exactly the same as a 1995 VTiR DC2... except the VTiR is colour coded on the door panel mouldings and comes stock with 15" alloy rims (as compared to the 14" steelies on the GSi).
    If you are after something for performance definitely get an older model VTiR. As tanghy mentioned, there's plenty of performance and go fast mods for the B18C VTEC engine.
    However if you're 17, not that speed orientated and looking for a decent package with nice looks and decent power then a GSi should be fine. It handles equal to a VTiR stock, and the same suspension/handling mods can be thrown on both cars.
    Oh yeah...apparently the non VTEC GSi engine is easier to turbo as well....
    Or you could just listen to those who have absolutely no idea about what they're on about............ :P

Sorry AK, it's 5.30am and i've been driving for way too many hours....
    Good luck in your search buddy.....

(wishes there were some non- "sluggish" stock GSi's in Melbourne....... would teach some ppl a lesson :roll: )
    I didn't say the GSi and VTi-R don't share the same features.

By the way, the GSi does NOT look exactly the same as the VTi-R because the mouldings are colour coded, the wheels are bigger and the VTi-R also comes standard with a spoiler. That and the fact the VTi-R comes with a far better engine/drivetrain package and ABS makes it a far better choice. Like i said earlier, the only thing might be insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    Or you could just listen to those who have absolutely no idea about what they're on about............
    I assume that is aimed at me?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    will be wiser to get a car with abs and airbag

believe they were not standard on gsi

Quote Originally Posted by tanghy
    will be wiser to get a car with abs and airbag

believe they were not standard on gsi