Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    it doesnt take a brain surgeon to install some splits, all u need is a multimeter to test wires and just simply mount them in, heck if u even know the polarity of the 2 wires and are using stock cable then how much easier can it get, or if they dont fit possibly some spacers. There is more than enough info out there on how to install them.

i never mentioned that professional installers are giving advice, but hey some mite, its up to u on what info u trust.

move along with helping this guy out....

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    arent you the gentleman, cant help him here with audio in "our audio section" so you refer him elsewhere.

oh well, it looks like you didn't know much about car audio installations anyway otherwise you would of helped

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    Hey we all know installing speakers isnt rocket science, but we paid a lot for our cars and why would we want to mess around with door trims etc.

Ive installed heaps of gear in my time and I've got no problems connecting it all up, but I dont want to mess around with the door trims on my 2 week old Accord. Pay an installer you know well $100 odd and you know that you'll have no problems.

If I had an older car I'd have no hesitation doing it myself. So just weigh it all up and make up your own mind

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi
    Hey we all know installing speakers isnt rocket science, but we paid a lot for our cars and why would we want to mess around with door trims etc.

Ive installed heaps of gear in my time and I've got no problems connecting it all up, but I dont want to mess around with the door trims on my 2 week old Accord. Pay an installer you know well $100 odd and you know that you'll have no problems.

If I had an older car I'd have no hesitation doing it myself. So just weigh it all up and make up your own mind
    you SHOULD have no problems.
    just make sure, it's a reputable place.
    even saying that, i know of some places that alot of people think they do good jobs, but they don't.
    =/

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Shops dont fit your car audio gear. People do. Thats why you meet up with the installers and chat with them on about how they are going to install the speakers and at what price. Just connecting splits and chucking them in doesnt mean they gonna sound good, thats how NOOBS think, There is a shit load more to sound then wiring in speakers and bolting it in. To get the max out of any speaker being 20 or 2000 dollars you would need deadening, thicker then stock wiring, proper amp power and install, and possibly baffles etc.