Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5

94 Accord Door Lights

I was wondering if anyone has altered there 1994 honda accord door lights. I'm talking about the lights that light up at the bottom of your door when you open your door. I was thinking of replacing the bulbs with like neon blue bulbs to give off a cooler effect, anyone ever thought of doing this? and does anyone know the voltage of those lights?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    yeah, i did it once...went to autopro, got the designated bulbs ( green ) and they meleted the plastic covers........bad idea. i replaced the bulbs with standard bulbs and replaced the covers.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    im going to use a custom LED setup soon...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord
    yeah, i did it once...went to autopro, got the designated bulbs ( green ) and they meleted the plastic covers........bad idea. i replaced the bulbs with standard bulbs and replaced the covers.
    Shiiit, do you know why's that? I'm really thinking about doing it, just the temperature of the bulbs is one thing to think about.

Member Array
    Car:
    HEMI
    I painted my bulbs, blue in the front doors and green in the back.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    the reason why h22a accord melted his lens' is that the globe was of a higher wattage...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

make sure the bulbs are 3.4w and you should be fine

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    yea, thats the last accept the "free" advice from the salesman lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA
    the reason why h22a accord melted his lens' is that the globe was of a higher wattage...

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    it always pays to look at the original globes for wattage ratings

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx
    make sure the bulbs are 3.4w and you should be fine
    but doesn't the watts affect the colour? as in higher watts gives off a different coloured light? or is it totally unrelated?
    Does anyone know where to pick up some of these coloured bulbs in Sydney? or would you find it in any light shop?

yeah generally the lower the wattage the yellower. but there's nothing you can do about it if you use incandescent - you use a higher wattage, you'll burn something, like h22 did... otherwise see if you can find a white led bulb that fits, that'll be no problems at all

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord
    I have green LED lights in all my doors, and the roof lamp as well also the boot but dont do that cos its crap at night time if you need something outof your boot

I bought mine at Autobarn from behind the counter and had no probs