Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've got 6inch atm but thinking of upgrading for more bass upfront.

Does anyone know if a set of 6.5" splits will fit into the Integra DC2 where the plastic bracket in the door panel is located?

No. Not without modification. You will need to take out the plastic basket and cut out the back part. You will then need to make a custom MDF bracket and mount that onto the plastic bracket and bolt it all into the door frame. The only problem is that if the splits have big magnets you will need to modify the door skins itself cause the area that covers the speaker will hit the speaker driver when you try putting it back on. I had to do the above for my co-ax's but i was lucky the door skins went back on without a problem.

hmmm....I've got 6inches in there now. I've already cut the back part of the basket already and the speaker fits in nicely. But if I put in extra MDF, the speaker front might hit the door skin as u said...

I haven't bought the 6.5" yet cuz I just wanna make sure it fits easily without 'major' modifications. Might be possible, just have to be creative I guess. Thanks heaps dude!

No probs. Yeah, it's trial and error.

Like vti-2 already said, it is easy to fit a 6.5" driver in there once the baffle is made...

But...

Might I suggest that if you're on a tight budget and don't want new speakers, you'll get a lot more bass up front if you sound deaden and diffuse your doors.

I was thinking of sound deadening a while ago but not many places do it here in Melb. Plus it makes my doors heavy and its already heavy enough as it is!
    How much am I expecting to pay for just a basic job?

For both doors to be sound deadened aim for about $200 all up .

So sound deadening should make my crappy Pioneer TS-C1625 2-way splits sound better? Cuz atm the mids sound really poor...especially in the lower freqencies as apposed to other 6inches out there
    So you would spend the money on sound deadening rather than a new pair of 6.5inch splits?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    You can do it without modification, mine were done without modification by screwing the 6.5's straight onto the stock positions..you will get into some trouble when trying to put stock ones back on..

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    hey BlakTegra, you want me to SD the doors for ya?? I do it cheap!!

PM me if ya seriously wanna do it.

Have you sound deaden Integras before? You are pro? How long would it take for two doors?

I sound deadened my Integra. Stripped and sound deadened the whole car.