Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Edit: Sorry, but no plugging of items here. *hint* check the marketplace ppl (aaronng)
    Last edited by aaronng; 13-04-2006 at 08:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    If you guys are spending $130 on a K&N why not just fork out an extra $100 and get the Comptech Icebox? You will get far more of a gain and you get a reuseable filter.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    So the RTA/copz dont hassle us about engine mods

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    So the RTA/copz dont hassle us about engine mods
    The icebox looks stock and is completely enclosed.

If you are really worried you could keep the stock lid on - and just remove the resonator, install horn and use the icebox filter. That would work heaps better than just K&N.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Cops won't defects you. I asked police once wheather you could use pod air filter or any after market air filter and they said it's fine.
    For Non forced induction car you need to get engineering certifcate to installed it and most of the modification will be legal if you have the engineering certificate.
    Likes mercs the AMG model they have tuned it from factory but it is legal because it got the engineering certificate attached.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    Can confirm k&n panel filter combo with comptech icebox is 'louder' then uni filter drives just as good as well if not better.
    I recommend the mod

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Got my K&N today and yes it does provide noticable throttle response and power, the car simply feels like it can breath easier

Although the engine still sounds like a motorbike when accelerating around 2300RPM, which I was hoping the K&N would change. Obviously I need to mod the resonator/piping to get a better sound.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by ALN
    Cops won't defects you. I asked police once wheather you could use pod air filter or any after market air filter and they said it's fine.
    For Non forced induction car you need to get engineering certifcate to installed it and most of the modification will be legal if you have the engineering certificate.
    I got defected for my Pod on my Civic, but I had no idea I needed a Certificate.
    It would have been nice if the shop told us it required one, or put a notice on the box or something...

Is there a gov website you can check this kind of stuff?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Cheers aaron, although it doesnt mention anything about air intakes specifically, its good info nevertheless.

Member Array
    Car:
    Wish i had a Honda
    just picked up my K&N panel filter today aswell.
    i paid $71 for it new. gonna put it in today and see how it goes.
    WHAT IS A HONDA!!!!!!!!!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    Cheers aaron, although it doesnt mention anything about air intakes specifically, its good info nevertheless.
    Basically, everything in your car must comply with ADR and emissions (including noise), and the only mods not requiring a certificate are those that were previously available as options on the car. I remember there was a more detailed document on the site but I can't seem to find it again. Keep looking around in that messy site.