Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boot installs

How about that wetsuit material? Heard that it has good sound absorbtion properties - better than the hard plastic/vinyl surfaces in cars..

Is this just a new sort of surface treatment you're talking about (like fibreglass covered in something to pretty it up) or a material for building the whole enclosure - how bout vacuum moulded clear perspex to show off speaker magnets and stuff?

Getting closer?
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    not really, but you got some wild ideas whether they work or not you is another thing, maybe you can try them out and tell us how they go
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

I think I'll stick to Fibreglass, MDF, paint and a shitload of time with sandpaper and body filler..

I'd love to have a crack at carbon fibre but I don't have an autoclave lying around in my garage (or the cash to buy the carbon mat.. that shit is crazy expensive!)..

Hints please.. I've gone through everything in my mind that could be used to create a boot install and I cant think of anything else that hasn't been done before.. except maybe plush fake fur like a teddy bear? If you're going for the whole Hallo Kitty thing that is..
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

you going to put subs into your seats to add that extra feel for the passenger? lol or even get one of those shallow mount subs and mount it inside your spare? Not bad ideas those ones, if i had the heart to carve my seats, as well as be sure i wouldnt need my spare, im sure id head in that direction lol
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    i fink it's pink fluff... haven't seen a car wif dat yet lol j/k

either tell us or we're gonna ban u for making everyone's brain work overtime... including mine!

is it glass?
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    No none of the above, spare tyre will be kept as I've got 18's getting painted the same colour as my car and yes 5 of them. I must be one of the few that want 5 wheels the same for my car rather than the spare being the standard one.

I will NOT give out any clues, you will all have to wait till the end of the year to see it.

Like I said it will be a show BUT also stealth installation, and it wont be any of the finishes that have been mentioned.

Please don't ask me to give anyone hints as I wont tell regardless.

From now on I will not agree or disagree with any suggestions whether they are on the money or as cold as Alaska
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    lol r u even pooting a system in ur car? heheh jeffys having trouble with his plug lol. whats a good place 2 poot the +? comon george gimi a hint lol :P

jeff
    bennjamin says:
    bennys penis shrunk abt when i started taking the 250 to 17000 llover the place

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    has anyone seen any good installs that are easily removable? What i'm getting at is sorta like a one piece setup (in an EG hatch) where amp/s sub and parcel shelf are made into one unit that can be easily unplugged and removed from the boot for the track or drags etc?

if you want something like that then get a sub in an enclosure, then screw the amp into the back of the enclosure. When you go to remove simply unplug the rcas and power and you're off. the way mines set up the amp is under my seat and i just unplug the enclosure and take it out coz the amp doesnt weigh much.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo the flashy monkey
    lol r u even pooting a system in ur car? heheh jeffys having trouble with his plug lol. whats a good place 2 poot the +? comon george gimi a hint lol :P

jeff
    Jeff I did tell you I would wire it didn't I? And also didn't you say that a 'FRIEND' was coming around not your parents? LOL

I gather the wiring for the deck doesn't exist in the car...

You got my number, call me when you are free and able to be next to the car...

George

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB16A
    has anyone seen any good installs that are easily removable? What i'm getting at is sorta like a one piece setup (in an EG hatch) where amp/s sub and parcel shelf are made into one unit that can be easily unplugged and removed from the boot for the track or drags etc?
    put the amp under the seat (if it fits)

run all your cables to the boot where your speakers are and use quick release connectors to disconnect the speakers then pull out, on the down side it also makes it easier for theives to get the equipment out too