Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Black Euro Lux AT

[Euro] Rear windscreen tint

Hi guys,

Something that has been bugging me for a while that I want to get off my chest is that when I ordered my car, I optioned for tints from the dealer.

On the rear windscreen, they have tinted everything but left a nice space for the rear brakelight (the one mounted on the parcel shelf). Is this normal? Its not super obvious, but its freakin' annoying when I'm showing the car to friends and family and they remark 'hey, they missed a spot!'. I mean, its done really cleanly and professionally but still BUGS me.

Is this a legal issue?

I'm sure other Euro's have had the tinting all the way on the rear windscreen. Can i complain and get it fixed and done properly? I will try and get a pic of it tonight.

BTW- it looks to be standard 35% black tint, nothing special.

Nav

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Your Euro is probably the only one I Know have this issue.
    All Brisbane Euros I have seen all have tinting cover the rear windshield... Regardless of whether rear spoiler is fitted or not..

I assume your car doesn't have rear spoiler, what you should do is: contact your transport department, and make sure it is legal in NSW to have tint film cover's central brake light, (good if you can get some written document), then take it to your dealer..

If it is illegal, then all Euro with tint (except your Euro) will be defected by police.

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Nop it aint normal...

They should have taken off rear brakelight and then pasted the tint on.. Then put back the brakelight on again...

All cars should have tinting all the way on their rear windscreen... I don't know why ur car was an exception.. U should talk to ur dealer and ask for an explanation...

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    I think the people did the tinting probably just too lazy to remove the brakelight.. or they dont know how to remove it (1st time to do Euro??).

Anyway, just let your dealer know that you are not happy, and the brake light just stand out among tinted glass and black car paint.. it just doesn't look right.

Red face

sorry to echo others comments but i got tint from dealer and mine isnt like that either...sounds a little strange..
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    mines full tinted at the rear
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Black Euro Lux AT
    well, my car is due for its first sevice this week so i will speak to them about it when i take it down. i thought it was strange coz i have had a few cars (all have had the brake light) and they have all been tinted all the way.

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    i need to remove my brake light to do something... can u ask em how to remove it??
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Here's a pic of my Accord's rear tint. As you can see it covers the whole lot.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    <off topic> did they install the metallic or the carbon film on the back?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by kanthan
    <off topic> did they install the metallic or the carbon film on the back?
    yeah thats right the diff tint for the aerial to work properly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Black Euro Lux AT
    hey guys,
    am really pissed off right now. Called Peter Warren in Liverpool (Syd) regarding the window tinting issue and was pretty much told 'tough luck'. Apparently their tinters do all vehicles and leave the gap for the brake light.
    does anyone know how i can get this resolved, its really starting to bother me now.

thanks,
    Nav