Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    Hey all, been working on a table which compares many popular ECU's
    Lately there seems to be many questions to what features ECU’s have and don’t have, so iv summarised all the data, ill leave you to decided what’s the better ECU, again what’s best is all relevant to what you require.

If you would like an ECU added to the table please email me all the info or product manuals etc so I can generate the data required.

The page is located at

http://www.hondata.com.au/ecu_comparison_page.htm

Enjoy

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    good stuff James.. keep up the work

Ken
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    looks like the only 2 that slightly compare are motec and hondata!

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    The correct ECU all depends on what features the end user needs... but it’s very hard to ignore the black and white facts when you compare features.

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    just a quick question... the S200 ECU, is that the basic one? What other classes of ECU's does hondata make?

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    There's the s100 which doesn’t support datalogging, 3step rev limitor or the g sensor, which is typically around 50$ less than the s200, Apart from those differences all the features are the same.

The s200 is fully scaleable also, and supports all those features it is the top line product. Price is dependent of corse on what features you want, no point buying datalogging if you don’t own a laptop or palm hand held pc.

Then there is the new K ecu which will be released soon...which is a totally different ball game !

Regards James

Banned Array
    Seemed to me that the Hondata S200 is by far better than most of them. Very serious ECU BlackCRX, good site (you probably heard this heaps) "well done"

James

I'm saving already man

Looks like I'll be getting the s200 unit with the boost capability and three step rev limiter in June when it goes into Croydon to get the manual conversion done!

James, the Apexi V-AFC allows the engine to run in closed loop...

and how does the hondata for the PR3/PW0's compare on that table?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    The V-AFC has no control over the Honda ECU to if it run's in open or closed loop, all it does is bend the voltage output / input on the wiring harness, the stock long term and short term o2 changes are left in place which is why vafc's need to be retuned or stock ECU’s need to be reset often. The stock Honda ecu will run in closed loop ( using o2 sensor ) for any settings above 45% throttle then swaps to open loop, although both open and closed loop operations are variable by the short term and long term o2 changes.

The pw0 pr3 ecu’s have the same tuning abilities but can only map upto 9000rpm the ecu will read over 9000rpm but will use the last collum / settings for 9000 rpm all the way to what ever is required… so there’s no big problem there.
    It also doesn’t have nitrous or water spray control, nor does it have the g sensor possibility…. and that’s the major differences. Tuning wise / configurability is almost the same.

Regards James

how about we hear from some people who have had experiences with hondata ?
    anyone on this forum ?