Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Euro >< Vti >< V6

hey guys need some help!

went for a test drive with my dad today... drove the euro lux n accord vti...
    i gotta say... im not sure if it was the demo car .. but the euro wasnt what i expected... cars idle wasnt all that smooth (even my dads current falcon xt mkII idls smoother)... n as u got to bout 80kmph.. there was substantial wind noise (when i say substantial.. u could hear it clearly)... i couldnt really believe it at first... hearing all the good reviews.. ppl raving bout the car.. it was pretty dissapointing... but then again it coulda just been THAT demo car we drove...hmmm

opinions?

2ndly... i'd lik to ask (anyone whoz driven the two).. is the step up to the accord v6 (from the vti) a substantial one?
    obviously the v6 is alot more powerful n torquie.. but is it noticiable at low revs (2-3k rpm)?

thankz guys...

ps.. went to ferntree gully honda (melb).. n i gota say the service wasnt all that flash there.
    might give eastern honda (@ donnie?) a visit next week...
    Last edited by ^^v; 18-06-2005 at 08:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    hey man! well i gotta say u might just be bad luck coz you had a test drive car that is F***ED
    i've driven friend's lux manual and i'd say this car is awesome... the gears were clear and power output was smooth... and didn't hear any noises while cruising!
    yes man give other dealers a try.... u an asian?if you are there's a guy in eastern honda who's really nice...
    or there's a honda dealer rep. who is a courtney & patterson sales~

i didn't had a chance to test drive the VTI and the V^ but i would say there's a noticeable difference between those two...
    one's 118KW and one is 177KW... what do you think

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    When we went to the first dealership and took the car for a test drive, the sales rep took us to some quiet, low traffic streets and told us to floor it and this was in an auto Euro. So this may hav caused the dodgy idle, i think the sales rep said it was an 03 standard model (even though we were interested in an 05 Lux). They didnt hav a demo 05 model so drove their 03 one, probably thousands of other ppl hav also been told to "fllor it"...

Cruising speeds are fairly quiet in our euro, got an 05 luxury. One time it was louder than expected, but that was due to me forgetting that I had the car in semi-auto mode . So i ended up getting to 60kph at abt 6000rpm in 1st gear, that was fun

Do your remember if the euro had any weather shields on the windows? Coz from what I've read (on the forums), if you have these on the car they actually produce more than desirable wind noise.

As for the Accord Vti and V6, cant help you there. Don't hav any experience whatsoever with those cars.. sorry

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro 6sp Mt & 02 CRV
    i drove the 3 Litre Accord Lux auto before.
    floor it and you get wheels spin! i can't do that on my euro..Loads more torque..I would love to have a 3 litre engine in the euro..

anyway its funny how people here crave for the Euro R so much..
    and some people in singapore who own the EUro R are thinking of doing a engine swap for a K24 block.....

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    i'll take their K20 block for mine
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Quote Originally Posted by ^^v
    hey guys need some help!

went for a test drive with my dad today... drove the euro lux n accord vti...
    i gotta say... im not sure if it was the demo car .. but the euro wasnt what i expected... cars idle wasnt all that smooth (even my dads current falcon xt mkII idls smoother)... n as u got to bout 80kmph.. there was substantial wind noise (when i say substantial.. u could hear it clearly)... i couldnt really believe it at first... hearing all the good reviews.. ppl raving bout the car.. it was pretty dissapointing... but then again it coulda just been THAT demo car we drove...hmmm

opinions?

2ndly... i'd lik to ask (anyone whoz driven the two).. is the step up to the accord v6 (from the vti) a substantial one?
    obviously the v6 is alot more powerful n torquie.. but is it noticiable at low revs (2-3k rpm)?

thankz guys...

ps.. went to ferntree gully honda (melb).. n i gota say the service wasnt all that flash there.
    might give eastern honda (@ donnie?) a visit next week...
    I can relate very much to your experience. We went in to several Honda dealers with the view of test driving and purchasing an 05 Euro Luxury based on all the rave reviews and keen pricing for a great car. We walked away somewhat disappointed with the Euro. Lacked torque on the highway, high level of road noise/tyre rumble, and seemed cramped in the back seat. Thinking it may have been a dodgy demo car, we test drove another one at a different dealer. This one was a brand new Euro and we were the first ones to test drive it. Same experience as the first Euro. In the end, we got an Accord V6 Luxury. Never looked back since. And yes, there is a shitload of difference between the VTi and V6 Accords!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulley
    floor it and you get wheels spin! i can't do that on my euro..Loads more torque..I would love to have a 3 litre engine in the euro..

anyway its funny how people here crave for the Euro R so much..
    and some people in singapore who own the EUro R are thinking of doing a engine swap for a K24 block.....

Why so?

Personally, i think its a better option working the K24 then getting a Euro R. Just seems that the potential is there, what have you heard about it though?
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulley
    you probably didn't launch it hard enough?
    also, turn off the vsa, make it easier to get wheelspin.
    I can easily spin my wheels launching my car even with vsa on.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Quote Originally Posted by euro77
    you probably didn't launch it hard enough?
    also, turn off the vsa, make it easier to get wheelspin.
    I can easily spin my wheels launching my car even with vsa on.
    hes talkin bout auto tranz..
    coz the Accord vti n v6's only come in auto varients..

btw thankz to all who contributed !
    appreciate the help...
    Last edited by ^^v; 19-06-2005 at 02:10 AM.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    whoops.. sorry, my mistake
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Both versions of Accord (Euro and US version) are great car. Both have very good reviews from car journalists. so depend on your need and drivng/living style, both are great buy. (how about buy one each)

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    my parents have a 2000model accord. V6-Luxury. It drinks fuel like a fat kid eat's cake. go drive another euro from another place. see if its any different
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..