Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Mosleys viewpoint...

Mosley unmoved by Indy criticism
    The US Grand Prix saga continues...

A big week ahead for Mosley and the FIA
    The aftermath of the US Grand Prix fiasco rumbles on and will do for some time yet. The finger pointing continues with some, including Minardi boss Paul Stoddart, blaming FIA President Max Mosley for the Indianapolis mess.

"Stoddart is a sad case," Mosley said in an interview with the Guardian newspaper. "I helped him tremendously when the other teams were trying to steal his money. But now my reaction is that he's obviously forgotten to take his medication."

Mosley's Sunday afternoon just over a week ago was not the relaxed affair he had been hoping for. Instead he spent the day fielding calls from the key players at Indianapolis.

"The teams had gone into headless chicken mode," Mosley told the paper. "One of their suggestions - made more after the event - was that everyone should run with the chicane and only the Bridgestone teams would score points. Bernie would've probably been happy to compromise because his job is to maximise profits. My job is to run the sport absolutely fairly for everybody and not put anybody at risk. Bernie understood that it was not possible for me to give in."

"I had lots of calls from Bernie, Ron Dennis and Flavio Briatore,"
    Mosley continued. "The interaction with Flavio was difficult because he did not make any coherent point. Ron was more rational. With regard to switching to Bridgestone he made the valid point that without testing there could be no safety - which was my precise point about the chicane."

Moving on a week and the seven team's and Michelin are busy preparing for a hearing in Paris. Mosley admits that he would not exclude a 'ban or two' as a result of the hearing by also added that until everyone has made their case, it cannot be clear what punishment, if any, will be imposed.
    f1live.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    hihidamon, nEUROtic and Hondavirgin.

Everything you have said on page 14 (this page) I agree with.
    Rules and rules but if a Michelin was racing for no points and hit a Bridgestone or just the idea of putting a chicane in to me is ludacris.

But, if ferrari had the problem, everyone would be like this "so, its there fault"
    "don't race, CHEATERS"
    and one last fact on this indy crisis, people thought bridgestone has an unfair advantage at indy with their extra track info... i think thats bullsxxx u know... bridgestones invest alot (to supply firestones for indycar racing.. they sure deserve the extra info..... This is an advantage by competing in different catagories in worlds motorsports, same as Michellin who dominates the motogp, they sure have plenty of advantage over bridgestones at certain circuits also. Michellin can enter irl and race and get info if they want the up to date track details...

See ironically now its the french gp, home and test track for michellin, who is saying michellin has unfair advantageover bridgestone at this venue???

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    i read that michelin actually don't have much data on this track as the F1 teams don't tend to test there.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Haha, great pic Jase!
    Well, although the rumbling continues, I'm over the US GP stuff. As long as there are no penalties levelled the championship will get back to normal.

Does anyone know what was actually causing the failure of the Michelin tyres? I know it was heavy load on that corner and the diamond cut made it abbrasive, but what part of the tyre was actually failing? Seems to have little to do with Michelin pushing the boundaries and more about that corner finding some weakness in the design of the tyres.

Vivski - It was the acutal carcus of the tyre that was no good.

Update:

THE seven teams using Michelin tyres, which failed to start the US Grand Prix at Indianapolis, have been found guilty by the FIA on two of five charges.

They were cleared of the other three and the sport's governing body said it had decided to adjourn discussion of any penalties until an extraordinary meeting on September 14.

The teams were found guilty of failing to ensure they were in possession of suitable tyres for the June 19 grand prix but with strong mitigating circumstances.

The seven – championship leader Renault, McLaren, Williams, Toyota, Red Bull, Sauber and BAR – were also found guilty by the world governing body of wrongfully refusing to allow their cars to start the race.

They were cleared of refusing to race subject to a speed restriction, combining to make a demonstration and failing to inform the stewards of their intention not to start.

Michelin, whose failure to provide appropriate tyres for the track conditions to the seven teams which led to the boycott on safety grounds, will not be subject to any sanctions.

"We can't impose a penalty on Michelin," said FIA president Max Mosley. "They have no more of a relationship with us than any other team supplier. We have no power over them."

On Tuesday, Michelin offered to reimburse disgruntled fans at Indianapolis, many of whom walked out in disgust when only six cars representing three teams who were using another brand of tyres contested the grand prix.

Mosley said: "We are hoping the Michelin teams will make sure that what Michelin has suggested they do is done and not just talked about."

<DIV id=promoIslandRight>Advertisement:
    on error resume next ShockMode = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFla sh.5")))if ( ShockMode

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    "... adjourn discussion of any penalties until an extraordinary meeting on September 14." [read: until they know how many points to deduct so Ferrari wins]

"The teams were found guilty of failing to ensure they were in possession of suitable tyres for the June 19 grand prix but with strong mitigating circumstances." I'll say strong mitigating circumstances!! LOL. What were they meant to do?