Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshin
    3:30 2005 Formula One Grand Prix

fark how come chan 10 is playing it at 3.30 am...

race starts at like 12 midnight melb time...
    nope.. race starts at 4am aust EST...
    they've shown it live for 2 consecutive rounds!

hmmm how come the barf1.com site countdown says race starts in 5 hrs?

lol

anyway... 14 cars on michellins...

if all michellins runners withdraw it wouldnt make it much of a race (everyone running pretty much will score in the points)

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    what time does it start tonight on Channel 10 in Sydney???????
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

3.30... in melb which should be the same time as syd

check www.ten.com.au :P

anyway gonna sleep now... waking up at 4.30

should be interesting about this tyre issue, im hittin the hay now too
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

I'm thinking about getting up.
    I get up at 5:45 anyway for work, so whats an hour or so difference!
    But its sold damm cold in Sydney, I might just tape it and watch the race tomorrow afternoon!

Thinking about it now.
    Bridgestone and there teams have denied Michelin to change the tyres, so has the FIA.
    If Michelin have advised all there teams not to race Bernie has to cover all costs to the US GP people.

Contract is that 20 cars will be on the grid (or pit lane start) if not Bernie puts out the cash.

This is actually interesting, because if Michelin do get clearance which I believe they shouldn't rules are rules then what stopping Bridgestone at another track from changing the tyres due to safety.

Saying that, I don't want a 6 car race.
    Well, this is going to be good.

I reckon its all a hype and all the teams will race!

edit: oh and BMW-Williams is about 15km/h slower on the straight compared to Toyota, Renault, Ferrari, McLaren, Sauber and Red Bull (mate just told me)
    And as RPM said today, 20% maximum throddle around this track, you need that speed.

hmmm this will be interesting indeed, its nice and cold on the coast, whip the heater out and have a nice coffee before the race, love it this time of year
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    edit: oh and BMW-Williams is about 15km/h slower on the straight compared to Toyota, Renault, Ferrari, McLaren, Sauber and Red Bull (mate just told me)
    And as RPM said today, 20% maximum throddle around this track, you need that speed.
    hmm maybe they're just running higher downforce than most other teams...
    coz i remember reading .. that both aero options (low and not so low downforce) would result in pretty much the same lap time... just that one will be faster n on the straight than the other.. n vice versa for the infield..

Could be man, but Williams have not been quick at all this year with top end and they aren't scared to say it.

How are the bridgestone going to hold up?
    They have been improving abit each race and now Ferrari seem to be getting better qualifying results, could we see a Ferrari win soon even tonight?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    damn 4 am is jus too early for me this time
    gonna miss all the dramas

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Nah, I reckon it's bullshit. Rules, rules, then you have a defective tyre, tough titties, can't change it. It's bullshit. It's not in the spirit of the sport. Two cars' tyres have failed and turn 13 is not a corner where you want to fly into the wall... ask Ralf. Michelin flies in a bunch of tyres, quick swap, no advantage, the race goes ahead.

Don't want it to set a precedent? That's bullshit too. If the Bridgestones have a problem and both Ferraris have high speed crashes in practice from a tyre failure, get a new bunch of tyres in and swap them over. It's not a performance gain, it's not a trick, it's not against the spirit of the sport. It's two cars on the same tyres having the same tyre failure. The only problem here is that they're coming after qualifying, 'cos it's so bloody far away from the factory. Anywhere in Europe and it wouldn't be a problem to get new tyres for qualifying and the race.

Ferrari and Bridgestone have no right to bitch whinge, 'cos it's actually a disadvantage swapping from a tyre you've done all your setup and testing with to another unknown tyre.

If you want to get strict on the tyres, disqualify them all and have a USGP with 6 cars. Rules are rules.

I wonder why it only happened on the Toyotas.