Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    yep

Member Array
    What an absoloute FARCE!!

Here are my views:

I believe it is 100% Michelins fault that this situation arose, but the end result is 100% the FIAs fault.

FACT - MICHELIN:
    - Michelin didn't have enough information about the track to build suitable tyres
    - They realised they had unsuitable tyres on Friday, and tried to do something to rectify it
    - They proposed that the only way they could race on the tyres they had was to build a chicane at the last corner, to minimise load on the tyres during the banked last corner.

FACT - FIA:
    - Due to the FIA's arrogance, once again they stood firm in their regulations and chose not to budge

END RESULT:
    - Thousands and thousands of dissapointed fans, millions of dissapointed TV viewers, millions/billions of potential money lost in the American market for Formula 1.

the ONLY way that the race could have gone ahead after it was realised that Michelin didn't have a suitable tyre was for the chicane to be built. As Martin Brundle said on the ITV coverage, there is a perfect option out there that would have rectified the situation. Build a chicane. No Michelin teams score points. All cars start the race.

All I can say is bring on the GPWC, then we can finally get rid of the FIA and Bernies crap for good.

Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    can i just confirm...... jordan and minardi are running BRIDGESTONE correct?
    dont think it really matters...

its like putting a sports tires on a '87 datsun...

Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    .. if michael and barichello actually celebrate with spraying champagne.... i'm going to lose all respect for them 4eva
    It's all good mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan
    What an absoloute FARCE!!

Here are my views:

I believe it is 100% Michelins fault that this situation arose, but the end result is 100% the FIAs fault.

FACT - MICHELIN:
    - Michelin didn't have enough information about the track to build suitable tyres
    - They realised they had unsuitable tyres on Friday, and tried to do something to rectify it
    - They proposed that the only way they could race on the tyres they had was to build a chicane at the last corner, to minimise load on the tyres during the banked last corner.

FACT - FIA:
    - Due to the FIA's arrogance, once again they stood firm in their regulations and chose not to budge

END RESULT:
    - Thousands and thousands of dissapointed fans, millions of dissapointed TV viewers, millions/billions of potential money lost in the American market for Formula 1.

the ONLY way that the race could have gone ahead after it was realised that Michelin didn't have a suitable tyre was for the chicane to be built. As Martin Brundle said on the ITV coverage, there is a perfect option out there that would have rectified the situation. Build a chicane. No Michelin teams score points. All cars start the race.

All I can say is bring on the GPWC, then we can finally get rid of the FIA and Bernies crap for good.
    Agreed...

We're gonna hear a lot more about this over the coming days, weeks and months...

man im tired! Pointless really. Sort of thing you just have to laugh at lol
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    what a waste of time getting up early, went to bed after half of it once i heard button was walking out of the paddock.....

Berine's shot himself in the foot basically, i wouldn't be surprised if the US GP folds in a year or so after this debacle, who's going to go?!

Did they still spray the champagne?
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    So tipping voided this week? We got one agreement? Everyone else? UNLIKE f1 i think we make this a majority vote rather than a 100% haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by jackosimm
    man im tired! Pointless really. Sort of thing you just have to laugh at lol
    lol! I waslaughing for the whole race through ... (waiting for the ferrari to retire - rb & ms to crash into each other, and minardis to go off, jordan to come to compelte stop with the toyotas) so that no ones is going to finish the race! A first for F1 in modern history...

What a joke! Max Mosley must resign now, for introducing the 1 tyre per race rule! Please sign for this petite here if you agree!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV
    This race we can see why Bridgestone has been a bit slack so far this season, as they did not wanted to build a tyre which is over the limit, unlike Michellin with their "super quick" tyres.

We should have sensed the problem was coming when Kimi broke his suspension in Nurburgring...... the Michellins are just too fragilly quick.

Full credits must go bridgestone in holding back speed from its tyres!

More importantly, this saga proves the inability of the FIA (Max Mo$ley) to improve safety and reduce costs, where safety and cost cutting were the main reasons for bringing out these stupid 05 regulations. And now, they want to reverse all the 04/05 regulations back to what it was in 08... What a bunch of idiots!

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Kimi's failure in the 'ring wasn't due to a fragile tyre, it was him flat spotting it, no-one else had any problems. Martin said there were 11 michelin tyre failures, or about to fail, at indy over the weekend.

I agree with the FIA on one count, they shouldn't modify the track because one tyre manufacturer couldn't handle it. I mean, what if it was the other way round and bridgestone runners withdrew so we still had a good race? would we have been as angry?

I don't know what they could have done, run slow through the turns (slow is still damn fast!) michelin send over new tyres and let them all change (let bridgey cars change too to keep it fair).
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    modifying the chicane should have been completely outta the question... that was a good call i do agree cos to modify the track itself by a large number of teams claiming it was "unique" and "unsafe" when its been around for years....

that woulda been equivalent to me asking the lamboghini murciliego i meet at the traffic lights to remove 5 spark plug wires before i run him... cso the v10 is "unique"