Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tanghy
    Quote Originally Posted by VTEC16

Not to mention that this was on an S2000 which flows much more air than a vtir teg and hence the gains are somewhat different.
    the dyno test was done on a ITR if you had bothered to read
    If you had bothered to read then you would know that i had addressed that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by z10
    im trying to say why are you buying a vtir instead of a vti or cxi . the power different is only like hmm? 15kw? ok make it 20?

the power gain is negligible BUT every changes count. thats my point.

not to mention the throttle respone of proper intake offers. u may get extar 3-5kw out of (for example) mugen intake compare to stock or DIY but hey! 3-5kw is alot for our tiny NA cars! im not sure bout you guys for i reckon 3-5kw/throttle respone for few hundred bucks.. well worth the money i say.

ps-ive done DIY on my civic b16a and type r b18c airbox. no gain but some bad AF ratio and respone. but hey! (again) u have 1 fully sick home made "CAI" and some angry induction noise<---makes me actually think the car goes faster until i hit the race track.

peace
    Your arguments are too pathetic to argue with, im sorry.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost
    This thread is getting outta hand, opinions are good but there is no need to poke each other.
    Point taken, if you cant afford it then DIY, but if you can then better go for the off the shelf goodies as these parts are better than DIY. And it seems that we all agree on this, but there are some that cant justify spending heaps of cash on a system that offers minimal kWs.

1. if you can afford it and u reckon its worth every penny then -->> go brand name.

2. if you can afford it but dont think its worth the bucks then -->> DIY out of metal NOT PVC please!

3. if you cant afford it then -->> DIY out of metal.

4. And last but not lease, if you cant afford metal pipes then Do NOT DIY at all.

O.K guys so its settled, and if you guys want to prove your setup i think a head to head would be interesting. DIY vs Brand name.

I AGREE 110%. THANK YOU.