Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    mmz.. a mate got his done on his accord-- retuned etc.. and pulled off an extra 5 kw
    not too bad i think... downside.. if u wanna go back stock.. u need to retune it back to stock.$$$
    like when u wanna take out the VAFC

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    hmm maybe worth an investment lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    keric... dont get it when its stock man...

u r basically tuning Air/Fuel ratio... each I/H/E mod u do is going to increase/change ur airflow by some degree and u have to retune each time

u might as well spend the 500 bucks on i/h/e first then tune it with vafc... cos then it gives the vafc more potential (from ur mods) to exploit..

since u drive an em1 tho....i'm not sure if u need a VAFC2 or not cos u run obd2B... irun obd2A

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 DA9??
    tru dat... get it all and then get it tuned... unless ur wanting to stop then

but i think u wanna keep goin huh... 35 dyno runs?!? hahaha woahHHH

wats next??

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    keric... dont get it when its stock man...

u r basically tuning Air/Fuel ratio... each I/H/E mod u do is going to increase/change ur airflow by some degree and u have to retune each time

u might as well spend the 500 bucks on i/h/e first then tune it with vafc... cos then it gives the vafc more potential (from ur mods) to exploit..

since u drive an em1 tho....i'm not sure if u need a VAFC2 or not cos u run obd2B... irun obd2A

Thanks for the info i'll consider it once i've done more mods

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    hahahaha 35 dyno runs = half a tank of fuel... my car was panting and sweating by the end of it.... had to leave it for 10 minutes to cool down at one stage

whats next.. i dunno i've done all the performance mods i initially planned to do when i got the car bar a front lip... i was going to do a rear lip but now i cant cos my exhaust is too big

probably my next mods is going to be cosmetic

Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    the tuned settings do NOT return to normal...

the difference to drive is very very clear especially in vtec..... whereas before in when ur car reaches vtec its a "jerk" and the car seems to "struggle" as u rev it to the redline (and no my car is not in bad condition).... now its a smoof ride all the way to 8000rpm
    Thanks. Can i ask how much a it cost to get the VAFC tuned?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    ummmm fro a BALLpark figure i reckon ur looking at between 200-300 bucks... ur VAFC would cost u aorund 200 bucks if u search for 2nd hand ones