Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by albii
    sportivos rev hard but dont have the top end like the euro does.
    what do you mean they don't have the top end like the Euro does?
    They are very strong at the top end.
    maximum power of 141kW@6800rpm or something and redlines at 8500rpm or so.
    A little difficult to judge on paper because it's a different story at low revs, and there's also the 200kg weight advantage.
    As far as I know, the gearing in the Sportivo is closer than the Euro as well.
    will definitely have a few runs against my brother when the engine is run in.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    top end as in mid to top power delivery km/h 120kmh to 230 kmh

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    maybe it feels faster because the refinement levels are no match for the hondas.
    Don't be like a typical Honda fanboy and assume it's faster than anything out there. Have you driven the 05 model? Supposedly, there are number of changes to the 05 model and it's a huge improvement over the 03 model. I haven't driven the 03 model though. Had 3 passengers in the car when test driving and it felt less weighed down than my Euro when I have that many passengers.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    my mates zr celica was great 0-120 then it died..the euro keeps going...and since you are pulling around 145kmh when you are doing a mid 15 thats where its happening.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    and i'm not a honda fan boy..i would much prefer my mates bmw 320i to my euro anyday

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Luxury
    yeah ill have to give my mate a run once i pick my euro up, will be a good race though

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    my mates zr celica was great 0-120 then it died..the euro keeps going...and since you are pulling around 145kmh when you are doing a mid 15 thats where its happening.
    Obviously, I haven't had the chance to speed up to 120km+ when test driving. That would freak out the salesman. I only gave it a squit or two because the salesman looked too conservative to tolerate too much full-on acceleration.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by 10VDR
    yeah ill have to give my mate a run once i pick my euro up, will be a good race though
    yeah why not.......wait till its run in though...mine goes harder now i have 12000km on the clock and its getting better.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by coladuna
    Obviously, I haven't had the chance to speed up to 120km+ when test driving. That would freak out the salesman. I only gave it a squit or two because the salesman looked too conservative to tolerate too much full-on acceleration.
    yeah well i'm just telling you that out on the open highway the vvti wont match the euros ivtec....been there done that...

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    did rev hard though ....heaps harder than the euro..

coladuna- show your brother what the euro can do when you get a chance (and yourself while your at it).

euro's are decievingly quick - they don't have a distinct vtec "kick" or torquey push to them because the power flows (very refined like albii said - who i might add, is not a honda 'fan boy' by any means).

don't underrate the euro vs. the sportivo man your in with more of a chance than you think .

80-120 the euro is nearly as quick as a liberty GT aswel taking about 5 seconds which i thought was pretty cool

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Yeah, im amazed by that 80-120 figure. Is it really that quick in normal driving? What gear would you be in to do that? i love a car that has that overtaking punch!