Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    yes no honda fan boy here considering i come from owning turbo awd cars..should make me quite qualified in answering performance related questions..

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    coladuna- show your brother what the euro can do when you get a chance (and yourself while your at it).

euro's are decievingly quick - they don't have a distinct vtec "kick" or torquey push to them because the power flows (very refined like albii said - who i might add, is not a honda 'fan boy' by any means).

don't underrate the euro vs. the sportivo man your in with more of a chance than you think .

80-120 the euro is nearly as quick as a liberty GT aswel taking about 5 seconds which i thought was pretty cool
    hey, i'm more than aware of what the euro can do. On that point, I really need to slow down and stop redlining the bloody car. lol

Believe me, I would've been sceptical if I didn't take a test drive. I always thought the Sportivo was only good on paper and not very fast in real life.
    However, I do know that Euro has a very good in-gear acceleration, which I cannot compare with the Sportivo because I haven't had the chance to drive it that much.

Anyway, we will probably be swapping the car once or twice a week so I think I'll get plenty of chances to compare the two soon.

awesome - you'll have to let everyone know how they compare

was just making sure you weren't underrating yourself there

Whatever the final verdict - goes to show how versatile a car the euro is.

Euro vs 4cyl A4 - euro came out on top
    Euro vs Sportivo - euro came out on top (haha just fkn with ya)
    Euro vs Mazda 6 - euro comes out on top

and the list goes on...
    honda's gone all out with this one

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Quote Originally Posted by albii
    and i'm not a honda fan boy..i would much prefer my mates bmw 320i to my euro anyday
    My gf drives one.. and i must say Bmer 320i first gear is damn torquey (Its the inline 6), and is smooth and comfortable to drive...

But to drag or give a bit of stick.. The euro is way better.... Thats why we use my car more often then her car...

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    Quote Originally Posted by albii
    and i'm not a honda fan boy..i would much prefer my mates bmw 320i to my euro anyday
    I'd prefer a 325i with everything on it. But for half the price, the Euro has it all

a 320 doesn't cut it for me - i won't get into details

and to boot, 330 is the only 3 series where u can option to hav a 6spd manual - what crap
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    My sentiments exactly.

And that's only on the 330ci coupe. 330 sedan no manual option.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    I didn't know that. But when you look into more detail, for the price you pay for a 330ci, and with that sort of money already being flung around - you may as well go for gold and get an M3.

Otherwise you'd just look like a wanker who had enough money but didn't go the full way. That's what I always think when i see someone with a 330ci. You could've spent that little bit more.... but you didn't!

[keep in mind that's a purely bias comment, that if you had that much money to throw around, how could you skimp, may as well keep the change and get a 325 ]
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I sat in the 325ci that my friend was thinking of buying... My hair touches the roof. It's cramped...
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu
    Yeah, im amazed by that 80-120 figure. Is it really that quick in normal driving? What gear would you be in to do that? i love a car that has that overtaking punch!
    That is 3rd gear - I am in far north WA at the moment on holiday. Lots of road trains and old people in caravans to pass in the outback

Stretching out 3rd to redline is great - has anyone noticed however how the hi-cam VTEC 6000-7000 moves much slower in 3rd gear? Almost like slow motion?

Anyway - not sure we are comparing the Euro to the Sportivo - do people who buy the Euro even consider the Sportivo?

I test drove a 325ci and a 325i before deciding on the Euro. Was originally gonna spend more on a car until I drove the Euro (and decided to keep the change and spend it elsewhere!)

The 325ci is a nice car...but for around $75K I just could not justify it...I'd rather fork out another $15K when I can afford it and buy a 3.0d X5...then you will see torque! For $90K you can even get a second hand V8 X5 with low kms...why go and spend $75K on a three series that will be worth $30K in about 2 years (at which point my Euro will also probably be $30K!!!).

The three series is a good car, but it just seems to have adopted that try hard image...unless you go for the 330 and then the argument is why not just get the M3...

BMW has to really reconsider their pricing/specs if they want to stay up there...Mercedes blew them away with the C-Class.

For mine, the Euro is a wise choice...the 3-series (as a new car option) is an egotistical choice.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    That is 3rd gear - I am in far north WA at the moment on holiday. Lots of road trains and old people in caravans to pass in the outback

Stretching out 3rd to redline is great - has anyone noticed however how the hi-cam VTEC 6000-7000 moves much slower in 3rd gear? Almost like slow motion?

Anyway - not sure we are comparing the Euro to the Sportivo - do people who buy the Euro even consider the Sportivo?
    Maybe it's because of the Euro's 6 speed close ratio box. Our 3rd and 4th gears are shorter than other cars, especially compared to the Liberty GT (1.354:1 and 1.027:1 compared to 1.296:1 and 0.972:1). Also, I find that Honda engines tend to spin easily to redline, even for the old F22b that was SOHC non-vtec. So if your gear puts you in the upper half of the rev range, then you'll be heaps faster than usual.

Maybe the reason you see 3rd gear vtec is slower is because you haven't seen 4th gear vtec?

Edit: Another reason why I don't think the 325ci is a good buy is because a 2001 model with 119,000km on the clock was selling for AU$39,990!!! WTF?! We can buy a new Euro with that price!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    BMW 3 series hold their value better than just about any other sedan. They are the benchmark for way a sedan should handle (according to the experts).

The fact that you pay very much for the badge (not to mention the options -- over $2000 just for metallic paint!) is what puts me off.

The Euro is still top of my shopping list. I considered BMW 3 series, Alfa 156, Saab 9-3, Mazda6, Subaru Liberty... and for what I like, I don't think I can beat the Accord Euro for the combination of features, build quality, reliability, power, economy, handling -- for the money.

Roll on end of the year when I can go shopping...