Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    another point is.......i drove a mazda 6 luxury sport...feels quicker than the euro much quicker actually why cos it drives like a truck and its no where near as refined....another thing my 4000km old triton v6 feels quicker than my euro but its no where near it in accelerating why does it feel so quick cos its no where near as refined and as smooth to drive....one more thing..there is no way a $19990 derived car is gonna be as smooth and refined as a $35000 derived car ..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    2ZZ-GE is considered high revving because the peak torque rpm is close to the peak power rpm, and both are close to redline.
    2ZZ-GE 141kW@7800rpm, 180Nm@6800rpm (1000rpm powerband)
    K24A3 140kW@6800rpm, 223Nm@4500rpm (2300rpm powerband)

So the Euro's engine may be high revving, but it is not the same class of high revving as the 2ZZ-GE.
    Last edited by aaronng; 27-06-2005 at 10:43 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by albii
    another point is.......i drove a mazda 6 luxury sport...feels quicker than the euro much quicker actually why cos it drives like a truck and its no where near as refined....another thing my 4000km old triton v6 feels quicker than my euro but its no where near it in accelerating why does it feel so quick cos its no where near as refined and as smooth to drive....one more thing..there is no way a $19990 derived car is gonna be as smooth and refined as a $35000 derived car ..
    What do you mean by derived car? The engine and the gearbox of the sportivo comes from a $39300 car (Celica SX manual).

Also, the $19990 Ascent comes from Japan, while the Sportivo comes from South Africa.
    Last edited by aaronng; 27-06-2005 at 10:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    What do you mean by derived car? The engine and the gearbox of the sportivo comes from a $39300 car (Celica SX manual).
    yeah but the drive train is all $19990

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    we are talking nvh levels smoothness and heck that yamaha engine isnt very smooth either

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    yeah but the drive train is all $19990
    But how can you determine drivetrain smoothness from the price?

Example, a DC2R that cost over $40000. Based on price, it means the $35000 Euro should be less refined. Let's all go test drive Sportivos and determine if the driveline is that harsh.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    But how can you determine drivetrain smoothness from the price?

Example, a DC2R that cost over $40000. Based on price, it means the $35000 Euro should be less refined. Let's all go test drive Sportivos and determine if the driveline is that harsh.
    i drove a sportivo and a celica and the celica isnt as refined as i thought it would be and the corolla is less. btw you cant compare a 7 yo car to a new one either..thats like saying then why is a 1985 porsche 911 not as refined as a euro doesnt make sense.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    I dont get it. If Id wanted a pissy toyota i would have bought one! There no comparison. The Euros the better all round car. Dunno what you guys are arguing about.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Exactly, sound like my gf nagging.

Can someone pls post up better threads that have real essence.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    i think this topic has watered down, it's just the same old stuff over the last few pages.. let's move on.

Now.. i think my euro is better than a souped up excel because...
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    i want to compare an elephant with a bicycle..the elephant feels quicker to me.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    i drove a sportivo and a celica and the celica isnt as refined as i thought it would be and the corolla is less. btw you cant compare a 7 yo car to a new one either..thats like saying then why is a 1985 porsche 911 not as refined as a euro doesnt make sense.
    Ooops..... DC5R

Okok, time to post in threads with substance... I admit, I think I sound like a child in my posts....