Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR

Spot the (stealth) Shift Light!

Given up? Well its the little LED in the middle of the centre air vents. Its kinda in the peripheral vision.

It was really easy to hookup, it has a memory. So all you have to do to set it is rev the engine to the desired RPM and press a button on the control module of the shift light.

The LED is very bright and you WILL notice it lighting up. I have set it to light up at 6400rpm. It works perfectly too! (after some fiddling around).

Only 3 wires are needed. 1 for 12v, 1 for earth and 1 for the ignition signal pulse which I wired into the ECU harness (igniter wire).

"What? no officer, I have no idea what that LED does. It was already there when I got the car. Might be from an old alarm?"
    Last edited by racinghonda; 28-06-2005 at 10:39 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG, GC8
    nice... where did u get the parts from?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    very stealth indeed
    nice DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    that is nice. The best shift light i had was from my hondata system for a while, the engine light came on at the redline you would set the hondata at, actually i guess it was just before....it's gone now though...weird. Our hondata dealer said it was a positive glitch that has actually hap[pened to quite a few people i know, but it always goes away after another tune.
    Mega Asian Thread ONLY!

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    hey thats awsome.. where can i purchase this from? does it have like a memory box or something?? and will it wire up to a standard ECU??
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Nice........but is it practical? Unless its really bright.........might as well just look at the tacho
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    haha nice man i want a shift light 2 so i kno wen fuel cut out is haha !

stealthy indeed !

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    Nice........but is it practical? Unless its really bright.........might as well just look at the tacho
    Well, when I'm faging it in the twisties, my eyes are on the road and sometimes i don't know if I am in the red zone. The LED is very bright, I get a fright when it goes off still. Its not set at the optimal shift point but at 6400rpm just a friendly reminder that I should be thinking of grabbing the next gear. If I am in a drag I would use the tacho.

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by aznsiko
    hey thats awsome.. where can i purchase this from? does it have like a memory box or something?? and will it wire up to a standard ECU??
    Its a ChipTorque Xede High Intensity Shift Light. It has a tiny control module that has a memory and a button you press to set the desired shift point.

You just wire it to the igniter wire on the ECU harness.

Member Array
    Car:
    pogo stick
    your car interior looks good for a 3rd gen.

For a 3rd gen hahaha.

3g > 4th gen.