Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY00, 98' EK4
    that is a quick time....
    my friens got a vtir hatch....full exuast...headers...striped interior...v-afc...hurmmz..dunno wat else....oh yer..plus semi slicks too...
    but he got 15.3 or sumfing...but thats with a slipping clutch...

i alwayz though a gsi would run sumfing like...16.5?....totally suprized...15.6 is good time...well done

Member Array
    Car:
    was a DC4...
    Quote Originally Posted by locote
    nope, dont wanna ruin my clutch just yet, have u being down there EG 2 TEG???
    went down in march
    ran a 15.49
    launched around 4000-4500

and dyno i ran my car on was SST automotives, except they're not around anymore

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    That is a freakish time for a stockish gsi. Good job mate!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    locote, lower ur front tyre pressure n dump it at like 5k rpm haha...... get ur 60ft down by .2 or .3 and u'll run low 15!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTiR BB6
    Quote Originally Posted by locote
    typeR is the lightest, vtir is the heaviest out of Gsi and typeR, i dont think the extra 18kw make up the difference of like 100kg weight
    Its 24kw btw +39kgs for the Vtir and yeah I dont believe it now unless your running slicks.....
    Vtirs are faster stock to stock with same driver skill compared to GSI's.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTiR BB6
    Quote Originally Posted by felixR
    low 14's
    More like high 14's for a stock ITR. Low 14's is s2000, mid 13's for NSX's, everybody needs to get a reality check and stop making bs...

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTiR BB6
    Quote Originally Posted by luzinit
    locote, lower ur front tyre pressure n dump it at like 5k rpm haha...... get ur 60ft down by .2 or .3 and u'll run low 15!!
    That really takes the point out of it, cos your sacrificing drivability and handling just to get low numbers, is that the way you would drive your car normally, its the same as gutting out your interior or running with slicks...
    The car only goes that fast because your compromising your car and thats just stupid.

Have your car setup as you normally drive and than if you get a good time.. well congradulations.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by THRUST
    More like high 14's for a stock ITR. Low 14's is s2000, mid 13's for NSX's, everybody needs to get a reality check and stop making bs...

I dont know about times but, do understand that the driver does make a great difference on a cars performance.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    i ran the car as is on the street, but my tyres were bald, i just got a new set of 17s and 215/40 tyres and they grip a heap better than the bald 15s i had on at drags, and my timming was 14 degrees advanced i set it to 18 on sunday and my topend power has inproved.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTiR BB6
    Quote Originally Posted by tegraa
    I dont know about times but, do understand that the driver does make a great difference on a cars performance.
    Well those times are from BMI, japanese race drivers....

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Dude... in the BMI Vol 1 - Legend of the Type R, when they raced the two type Rs 96 vs 98, they pulled a 14.207 stock. Now thats low 14s.....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    well i did 14.4 in my very near stock dc2r with street tyres.. not exactly low 14's but it's almost there..