Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM

Getting an Euro GD1 - Some help wanted!

Hi guys!

First let me start off by saying that this will be my 4th Honda. I've had a DC2R, an EG9 w. ITR swap, a hatchcrap and now - a 1993 Honda Jazz 1.4 i-DSI.

For pics of my ITR: http://integra.sprengt.net
    For pics of my VTi: http://eg9.sprengt.net

So why a Jazz after four years of VTEC? Well, its basicly down to economy. I have a son now, and I need to spend my lot on him, and not my cars anymore. But I can't get a car without being able to do SOMETHING with it, so thats why I wanted the Jazz. Its a decent runner for its money, and with some work, it may prove to be a little LESS lazy. I do not expect miracles for a 1.4l sloppy engine

So to my questions....

1. The EDM GD1 has rear drumbrakes. I want discs. Are the GD3's swappable?
    2. Will the 1.5 VTEC engine be swappable with the GD1? K series *drool* ?
    3. The GD1 dash, no offence Honda, but god damn!!! Will the 05 be swappable?
    4. The workshop/repair manual. I cant find it anywhere, not in paper, not in PDF. Anyone have it, Id love it!!!
    5. OBD-what? Is it O2 Closed/open looped? One O2, or one in the cat as well?

We (The guys I work for) are working torwards making products for the Jazz in the upcoming years. The demand will be huge ones it hits the US market. We are looking to make a bigbore kit, already in the talks with Wiseco and Crower about it, and valvetrain parts. Camshafts, valvesprings, retainers, etc.

Also, in time, we'll work towards a release of coilovers from OmniPowerUSA, as well as LCA's and you know, the general susp stuff. Cambers etc.

Im doing all the research now so that we may begin doing something soon, but I need lots and lots of info before I can go there...

Last but not least, where can I get oem parts abroad? Got a page or something for me?

Thank you for all your replies (if any )!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    Oh, some info on the car im getting.

Honda Jazz 2003 GD1, 35000KM, Milano Red. 1.4i-DSI engine w. the regulars..

Urgent mods:

Mugen 4-1 Exhaust Mainfold
    Mugen Sport Suspension Coilovers (till something better comes along)
    Mugen Front Towerbar (Bling Bling sho kaa)
    Mugen NR (Racing White) 15 x 6 w. lugs and locks
    Mugen Sports Silencer

OEM Honda FIT Emblem and decals (The word Fit means Pussy (not the animal) in Norway))

You may view the Mugen FIT products Here!

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3,GE8,ZF1
    Nice and clean car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi (GD3)
    nice ride strepto. are your bumper and door protection strips OEM? im looking for good quality stick-on door protection mouldings...i'll hate to see dings on the door just b'coz some idiot parked his car too near my car in the shopping malls...and they have no mercy for other ppl's cars...

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    Its actually an OEM kit provided from Honda here. I see the practical use of it, but it looks like shit.

Is jazz gonna hit US market??? when??? not too late now as jazz is not far from its life cycle... unless the new jazz i guess....

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    can you actually get the gd3 in europe?

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    Is jazz gonna hit US market??? when??? not too late now as jazz is not far from its life cycle... unless the new jazz i guess....
    Yes, in spring 2006. This is confirmed by Honda. It is, however, not yet confirmed that Honda will cycle the Jazz just jet... at least to my knowledge. I called Honda just to be sure, but at least here they havent received any info saying a new model will come in 2006.

can you actually get the gd3 in europe?
    Sadly, No. So thats why Im either doing a GD3 swap, or if possible, a K series swap.

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    how much did you pay for yours? i looked in finland the jazz costs almost 20,000€

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    A new one in Norway, the GD1 that is, is a 23.000€ . The one I got was 15.000€. A 2003 with 35k's on her.

Member Array
    Car:
    MB C200 and FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by strepto

OEM Honda FIT Emblem and decals (The word Fit means Pussy (not the animal) in Norway))
    i wonder how many ppl here have the FIT Badge on their jazz? haha

strepto, nice to meet u
    c, here got more reply...hehe