Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige

weird noises.....from my s2000

hey guys/girls

just got some questions in regards to the s2000...

my s2k is having some small issues mainly making weird noises...

the first is a weird ticking noise after i turn off the car, the noise appears to be coming from the mid to the rear of the vehicle.

second, the car makes an annoying vibrating/whining noise when i let go of the accelerator.

third problem is in regards to handling, the car handles as if its being pushed side to side by gusts of wind. Under hard accerlation its difficult to keep the car straight it moves side to side. Im assuming the car just needs a wheel alignment but have read somewhere that the car's sub frame may need to be realigned??

i will try and investigate further into whats causing these problems but if anyone has encountered any of these issues with their s2000 before please post here.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    the whining noise could be the infamous clutch rattle thing. If it is youre gonna need a new clutch to get rid of that one. But not 100%, have to hear the noise to know. My dads S2k has same problem, I think that they fixed it in the later models.

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    The ticking is just the exhaust cooling down - as when metal heats it expands! Im pretty sure its this - as almost all cars do it - especially after a hard drive!
    plough (plow) ñ. - implement for furrowing and turning up soil; similar instruments for clearing up snow; cut or force way.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    [QUOTE='.::F[L]Y::.']
    third problem is in regards to handling, the car handles as if its being pushed side to side by gusts of wind. Under hard accerlation its difficult to keep the car straight it moves side to side. Im assuming the car just needs a wheel alignment but have read somewhere that the car's sub frame may need to be realigned??

QUOTE]

the car moves side to side under hard acceleration....? Stop ripping it up at the lights then
    blz-arw019

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    [QUOTE=IRI]
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::.

QUOTE]

the car moves side to side under hard acceleration....? Stop ripping it up at the lights then
    HAHA YEH ! stop rippin it at d lights...*CHOPPED* in da wet *ahemz*

mayb ur jus not use to a rear wheel drive ? jus get it checked out by a trusty mechanic...be safe n be sure...peiec of mind esepcially with new car purchase...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    yeh the buzz is really annoying LOL..

let me rephrase, the car moves side to side when doing over 100km...jus cruising along on the freeway. AND pascoe i didnt fully give it cause it was wet, the car still went sideways however haha

to sum it up, driving an s2000 is more demanding then driving my EG lol the shifting takes getting use to (quite easy to pop it into the wrong gear)...power wise feels good when vtec engages.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    yeh the buzz is really annoying LOL..

let me rephrase, the car moves side to side when doing over 100km...jus cruising along on the freeway. AND pascoe i didnt fully give it cause it was wet, the car still went sideways however haha

to sum it up, driving an s2000 is more demanding then driving my EG lol the shifting takes getting use to (quite easy to pop it into the wrong gear)...power wise feels good when vtec engages.
    its more demanding coz u r driving an s2k...woth 30k...

in ur case ur eg is a bomb n a half worth 2k...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1 GLi
    to sum it up, driving an s2000 is more demanding ...............the shifting takes getting use to (quite easy to pop it into the wrong gear
    i agree with that totally coz i'm still tryin to get use to mine (drive it on weekends only)
    i feel like buyin a dd

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    'jerfield' do you have any weird noises on your s2k? such as the ones i mentioned? or mayb im just too paranoid?

Quote Originally Posted by HRV-80Y
    its more demanding coz u r driving an s2k...woth 30k...

in ur case ur eg is a bomb n a half worth 2k...
    2k for a EG is to little. Try 6+.
    30k for a s2000 is to little... s2000's still go for over 40k usually for the 99/2000 models...

check your rear tyre pressures

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    Quote Originally Posted by 91'lude
    2k for a EG is to little. Try 6+.
    30k for a s2000 is to little... s2000's still go for over 40k usually for the 99/2000 models...
    Lol, find me a 30k s2k please
    blz-arw019