Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Passat R36 DSG
    has anyone installed an white LED daylight strips on their Euro (like those on the new Audi) eg. http://www.wafflepod.com/ebay/ledstrip/FW_Strip/12.JPG
    http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/9/1/5...6_o.jpg?nc=175
    just wondering how it looked on an Euro.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury (Man) CU2
    Have any of you guys installed the LED replacements in a CU2 Euro?? From what I've seen, everyone's done it to a CL9.

I'd be keen to mod all my interior lights (including vanity mirror ones) to cool white LED in my CU2. I read the manual very briefly but don't remember coming across instructions for replacing the interior lights.
    Last edited by actcueuro; 29-09-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by actcueuro View Post
    Have any of you guys installed the LED replacements in a CU2 Euro?? From what I've seen, everyone's done it to a CL9.

I'd be keen to mod all my interior lights (including vanity mirror ones) to cool white LED in my CU2. I read the manual very briefly but don't remember coming across instructions for replacing the interior lights.
    I think on page 5, there are some pics of what I did in my CU2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury (Man) CU2
    @Shakkas: NICE! I actually saw the pics and thought, gee that looks nice, but never realised that yours is also a CU2 because I saw that the cabin/dome light was in the centre. Mine is above the rear seats, probably because of the sunroof.

Couple of questions:

* Where/which lights did you buy? I'm looking at the ones from www.superbrightleds.com.

* Did you end up breaking anything?
    * Did you replace the vanity mirror lights as well?
    * How long did it take you to do all of them?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by actcueuro View Post
    @Shakkas: NICE! I actually saw the pics and thought, gee that looks nice, but never realised that yours is also a CU2 because I saw that the cabin/dome light was in the centre. Mine is above the rear seats, probably because of the sunroof.

Couple of questions:

* Where/which lights did you buy? I'm looking at the ones from www.superbrightleds.com.

* Did you end up breaking anything?
    * Did you replace the vanity mirror lights as well?
    * How long did it take you to do all of them?
    I bought my leds from autojoy. But if you know the right size then buying them on ebay or site is fine.

Didnt break anything, was bit too gentle in the beginning but then had to get rough. All you need is a flathead screwdriver and wedge it out.
    The door covers were tough to get out, have to be patient with them

Didnt change the vanity lights, really saw no point as they r rarely used (or my misses and didnt want to blind her with pure white led lol)

Took me prob 30 mins max, if you know what you are doing then 5 mins. Took me that long as I didnt want to break anything

hope that helped

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 CL9 LUX
    You can also get LEDs from www.dealextreme.com - they have a selection of the T10 wedge and festoon LEDs.
    Mods: Baby seat in the back

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Facelift
    Hey guys,
    I just installed my 6SMD LED's on my CL9. Cheapest mods you can get. Try ebay, they got heaps and dirt cheap.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury (Man) CU2
    Can't wait. I'll have to pull the original ones out to check the sizes and then order them.

Will keep you guys posted.

Is there anywhere where there is a parts reference with part numbers etc.? It'll save me having to do the work twice over.

@Shakkas: do you remember the part numbers of yours?
    Last edited by actcueuro; 30-09-2009 at 06:08 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2008
    nah, when you pull them out and see the size you will know which ones to get.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury (Man) CU2
    I pulled out all of mine today...except the license plate. They're pretty easy to do.

The vanity lights are 29mm festoons, and on eBay, the replacements in LED are worth like $20 + postage!!!

Did you do your license plates too?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Hey do any of you know what sorta power and current ur LED's are taking?

Instruction manual says that you should be using 5W halogen globes... as far as i know, a 5W LED would b bright as fvck.

plus i can't seem to f ind any 5W T10 LEDs around

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 - FN2 - S2K
    Those interior lights are nothing compared to my 48 led super white lights I bought online. Delivered at my door for just under $15. Although its a extremely tight fit.