Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

any 1 got a pioneer headunit??

A month ago i connected neons to my deck "pioneer DEH-P7550" and since then the front of my deck will glow in a very bright white color from time to time which makes the screen hard to see. Does anyone know what may have caused this??

I got told it happens quite often with pioneer headunits the fact like im always taking off the face of my headunit and putting it bak on.. is that true?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    Hi,
    I sell Pioneer audio at my work and I've never seen that problem before. Some common problems with the OEL graphics are probably that the contacts behind the display dont connect properly, so the screen flickers...
    I'm not sure if thats the problem in ur case. If it becomes really bad, and u need to get it repaired, PM me for the address for Pioneer Repairs.
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Accord VTi
    what do you mean when you say you 'connected' neons to your deck?
    does the front 'glow' when the neons are on or off?
    what sort of neons?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BA Falcon XR6
    Hi Anna...

I am not sure what model Pioneer deck I had in my white car, but I drove around for over two years with no problems with the OEL display... I think it was OEL cuz it had animated graphics like the eagles and the race cars etc.

Maybe get rid of the neons and see if it still happens.

yeah man thats normal..

i got the pioneer 9650, it does it with certain graphics just so its less boring, if u look carefully u can see that it does it every xx minutes then changes back.

just with the more boring displays mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_
    what do you mean when you say you 'connected' neons to your deck?
    does the front 'glow' when the neons are on or off?
    what sort of neons?
    i connectd neons in my car to my deck instead of my amp coz i think my amp too powerful for the neons.

the screen goes bright white even if the neons arent on, it jus glows every few minutes and goes back to the normal and repeats again

i think it may just b the wiring, ill reconnect everything again and see how it goes..

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Accord VTi
    If I were you I'd run the neons on their own power source... run wires from the battery through the firewall and ground them inside the cabin. It's probably not a great idea to use your speaker wiring for the neons

Mike is right. That is what I was going to say. Run separate power to the neons and do not run them off your deck.

Yep seperate power source mate. On the same topic my DEH-P4550 screen goes all werid if I push it in too hard or not enough.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    Oh! I know exactly what ur talkin about. Its called Reverse mode. Its basically a feature in Pioneer's OEL, as preludacris said...
    To turn it off, hold the function button while the unit is off...then go to reverse and select OFF.

U probably turned it on accidently around the same time u were installing the neons. Functions like this can be turned on/off by pressing/holding the buttons 1-6 while the unit is off...

Good luck!

Bleh I didn't know that TEG! I'll see if it does anything for my problem, thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_
    If I were you I'd run the neons on their own power source... run wires from the battery through the firewall and ground them inside the cabin. It's probably not a great idea to use your speaker wiring for the neons
    I second this ^.... and the amp shouldn't be to powerful for the neons either, what amp?