Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Exclamation [EURO] Auto Drivers

Hey auto drivers, from day one when i slide from N to D (eg, reversing out of my driveway) something in the engine clicks as i move off forward.

Just slowly be moving backwards in N, then slide it into D gives this "click".

Can someone PLEASE verify this... i went to dealer and tried to show them, however it didnt happen at THAT time! (Murphy's Law) So they thought it was all in my mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    I know what you are talking about.

This only happens if you shift from R->N->D while the car has momentum, whether slight or drastic.

Its a loud CLICK which occurs within the first 1 or 2 seconds of driving in D. Definately transmission related.

To overcome it come to a full stop when reversing and change gears although i get the click 8 times out of 10 because i cant be bothered waiting.
    2004 CL9 - SSR Professor MS1R/Federal 595 RS-R/Tein SS/Injen CAI/Whiteline RSB
    2006 FD1 - K&N Typhoon intake
    2012 Holden Commodore SV6 ute

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Im glad i heard from u.

Now, if i can, i come to a full stop and then slide to D with brakes pressed. Just dunno if it will damage the transmission...?

yeah i can confirm too..

i would assume akin to doing the same in a manual?

probobly how the auto system handles our lazyness?

good question...cant find anything about it in manual...but when stuff clicks then it probobly isnt good...although i agree sometimes you just need to shift ..
    eg 3 point turn in traffic etc...im not waiting to stop to get outta that !!
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    LoL ur exactly right... well i went to Larke Hoskins Homebush and they didnt give any answers. If any of u guys are gunna see ur dealers any time soon would u be able to quickly quizz them about it?

Cheers...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    sad to say its common on all honda cars... because its design of auto transmission box something like make the trans last longer ( correct me if i am wrong )... i already express my concern to my dealer and they guarentee there will be no safety concern or failure on the CLICK sound
    just like the click sound you might get when first apply brake after changing direction

cool...so its a 'feature' not an issue
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Auto drivers are lucky to get away with just a click. When I do the same thing with my manual, I get a GRRAASSHH sound....
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

yeah..aarong..i was trying to figure out how to put what would happen in a manual...i think that accurately sums it up...
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Auto drivers are lucky to get away with just a click. When I do the same thing with my manual, I get a GRRAASSHH sound....
    i hate that sound.. and you even get it sometimes after you've stopped and change to reverse which is pretty damn annoying - makes you sound like such a klutz.
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yeah. I was quite shocked the first time, then I repeated it and it kept doing the terrible noise. Now when I think back, I'm reminded of Homer Simpson being electrocuted for a science project study (the mouse learnt faster than him)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    The noise is probably coming because the syncro's aren't aligning the gears properly, hence the click or crunch. Easiest way to solve that is to leave in in neutral for a few seconds when going from reverse to D or vice versa. I know that works for manual when changing to gears without syncro (i.e. reverse).