'05 civic headlight keeps blowing PROBLEMS HELP!!!

hey guys.

anyone here got an 04 - 05 civic? my headlights keep blowing including aftermarket white globes and stock original globes. and no i never touch the globes with my fingers.

hondas blaming me and saying i touch them but we all know the globes arent gonna stop blowing, coz they blew before i ever touched them which is the reason why i changed to white globes.

and now they're suggesting its the head unit install. what should i do? take it to an auto elec and fix the problem then take it to honda and tell them? im sure theres an electrical problem in the car.

anyone got ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    Quote Originally Posted by bkn_computers
    hey guys.

anyone here got an 04 - 05 civic? my headlights keep blowing including aftermarket white globes and stock original globes. and no i never touch the globes with my fingers.

hondas blaming me and saying i touch them but we all know the globes arent gonna stop blowing, coz they blew before i ever touched them which is the reason why i changed to white globes.

and now they're suggesting its the head unit install. what should i do? take it to an auto elec and fix the problem then take it to honda and tell them? im sure theres an electrical problem in the car.

anyone got ideas?
    could be condensation building up on the bulb. i can only suggest having them put new ones in, most have a 3 month warranty. so should they blow within that time span you're covered.

I dont see how a head unit install could affect your lights.

thats what i think. they cant blame my head unit install.

my mate reckons its related to temperature in the housing or something like condensation like you said, causing the bulbs to blow when getting too hot, etc.

how can i prove it but? unless other 05 civics have this same problem. its probably one of the latest civics out, coz i had to wait for it to be ordered and built recently.

any other suggestions? im hoping someone else on here has an 05 civic with this problem too.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    As was said before, condensation is the only thing that I can think of. The head unit/stereo would have absolutely nothing to do with your headlights. Take it into Honda and get them to install new headlights, that way they can no longer blame you if they blow again in a short period of time. Hehehe!

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    Dude,
    the result of your bulbs blowing sounds like either;
    1. a wiring problem, maybe the wires are not earthed properly or faulty wiring..

2. yes maybe 'condensation' somewhere, which would short circuit the power to your light bulbs.

If you get an auto-electrician to check it out, they would obviously charge you so better to take it to your Honda dealer to replace the whole unit/wiring, since you're still covered under warranty.
    I would think they should still fix it. They would be the best people to ask.

Good Luck.

take it to the honda service center and compain to them, if they refuse to fix it, tell them you want to speak to the manager. new car shouldnt be like this

if they aint gonna fix it, warn them that you will get it fixed at their expense.

see what they say..

Member Array
    Car:
    nottegra!!
    wiring problem sounds like the culprit...
    condensation as well though.. u should look it up ... could be a major problem in the long run.
    try resealing ur headlights with silicon.. there are some threads about this in honda-tech.com
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    I have an april 05 gli, changed to blue bulbs, no problem. as everyone has has said, wiring is probably your culprit.