Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Button to Williams?

Well this time last year, everyone thought Montoya was crazy for his choice to move to McLaren and it has worked out well. Car is perfect,he has had a bad first half of the season but he will shine with the car soon enough.

Which leads me to Jenson Button, contract ends in December with BAR-Honda, but if BAR don't have a certain number of points compared to the team first in the manufactures Jenson could jump ship to BMW by Turkey.

Now, why I posted.
    If you were Jenson what would you be thinking with the Williams performance as of late?
    Car is really slow, they are unsure on which engine supplier they will be joining in 2006.
    Another big thing for Jenson is, who would he rather be his team mate, Mark or Nick?

Interesting situation in my opinion.
    If I were Jenson I know I would be speaking to Patrick and Frank about what the hell is going on next year, but also still be talking to BAR as a possibility for an extension in his contract.

Honda do make great V8 race engines, and i'm sure there F1 engine will be just as good as Toyota, Ferrari etc.

What do you think?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    well yes

now that the BMW Sauber deal has gone thru, expect Heidfeld to jump to Sauber? Hence there is an empty seat at Williams (for Button?)

has Williams confirmed an engine supplier for next year? could get interesting
    there was talk before that Toyota would supply engine to Williams?!?!?!?
    but i would prefer it if Honda supplied the engine, would make it a bit easier for Button to leave BAR?

then SATO would be the number 1 driver at BAR

Well then add this to the conversation.
    Ferrari are going to supply Red Bull Racing engines for the 2006 season, Red Bull bought rights to change there name to Red Bull Racing - Ferrari or something like that (I'm sure Martin and James spoke about this)

But Red Bull are keeping the Michelins from what I have read, but Williams have spoken to the head of bridgestone racing about getting tyres supplied for the 2006 season, this could be just to keep all options open.

Ferrari could supply Williams with engines and then get them to Bridgestones as well so they get more testing miles done on the tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    they should use daewoo engines
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Quote Originally Posted by tRipitaka
    they should use daewoo engines
    General Motors bought Daewoo and thought they could "turn it around" from a company loosing millions to an investment.
    It was a flop and production is closed, so General Motors bought 49% in Hyundai.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    I think buttons contract lets williams get him if he doesnt have 70% of the points of the leader at the end of the season. So he mighten get a choice....

I'm sure he is open market, I'm sure as a F1 driver you can't sign one contract while under another.

Must find this out.

Jase, the contract bw button and BAR allows an "option" for him to leave to Williams should they fail the quota of 70% of the leaders points by turkey. In all fairness, this is most likely going to be the case, and that Button CAN go to Williams.

If I were him, Id be staying with BAR-Honda. They wanted him from the start, his worked closely with them, so there is no teething year, they have Hondas backing now, and they can only go forward.

Williams without a major engine supplier may be a problem, not because they dont have the technical know how, but the fact that BMW's funding is lost, they will need to purchase engines rather than be supplied with them. So many unknowns with the chance of Heidfeld leaving, that Id rather stay with BAR...

Im biased tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Who knows with all these changes going on. Nothing is certain anymore. As a Honda fan, I'd like him to stay with BAR but as a Webber fan, I'd like to see him at Williams. Webber and Button would be great I reckon, having two top driver (which I consider them to be) in the team would give the team a great incentive to get it all together for Williams to get back in the game.

Forgetting about Button for a while, who would BAR want to have driving for them? Would Sato continue? Who would they want for the spare seat if Button leaves?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    I think webber will get the chop, I think he has underperformed. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think he has lived up to his rep. I think williams is gonna kick his ass.

Williams would LOVE button. But as its been said. He would be mad. However I think barichello is looking for a new drive soon. Might be a possibility.

Good question Vivski
    If Button does go do you make sato your number 1 driver?
    He hasn't done much to prove himself compared to Jenson (flame suit on)

Jenson should be and i'm guessing is, thinking about this long and hard.

Edit: After reading nEUROtic's.
    If Barrichello goes to BAR-Honda, Jenson to Williams, Nick to BMW, who would take Rubens seat at Ferrari?
    Would the relationship between Red Bull and Ferrari allow Luizzi to be the "apprentice" to Michael?
    He is an Italian after all.

I would try and get Wurz

Culthard is an option... along with Rubens (considering how he aint enjoying it at Ferrari) but his contracted with them till the end of 06 i think...
    cant really think of anyone else... maybe Davidson (3rd driver for bar atm)