Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98

Best ecu for dc2r?

Hey everyone,

I just need to know what is the best ecu for the B18c engine is? I have a powerfc on my car at the moment but it maybe be screwed due to water....so i can either get another one or as my mechanic recommended...a microtech. He said it is easier to tune the honda on it.

Now i always assumed that it was the skill of the tuner that determines how good a tune is but obviously built in features of some ecu's would enable them to easier to tune. Is that the case or is this another of those urban motor myths..???

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    A lot of it is based on how well the tuner knows the product, but the gear also has to deliver. Haven't heard of a microtech on a n/a DC2R but have on a Turbo one.

They definitely fit and have the wiring digram on their website. If your tuner is confident then go for it. I'd consider Hondata and Pro ECU as options.

10krpms if ur in qld anywhere near cairns, u cant go past the Autronic PnP, go to ray hall turbocharging, his cars run really well and are daily driven, it may cost more at this stage, but the ease of install, and the support that ray will give u is immense.

You will get better fuel economy, more power, and reliability, and the best thing, the safety features of the autronic are great.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    autronics...dude those things are like 2g ? and thats without tuning. I need to get this car up and running again without allot of money. Maybe the autronic would be good if i was going all out on the car but i just cant afford to sink big money into it at the moment.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mpd076-chuck
    A lot of it is based on how well the tuner knows the product, but the gear also has to deliver. Haven't heard of a microtech on a n/a DC2R but have on a Turbo one.

They definitely fit and have the wiring digram on their website. If your tuner is confident then go for it. I'd consider Hondata and Pro ECU as options.
    Smart choice, either of the above two will serve you extremely well.
    You will get better fuel economy, more power, and reliability, and the best thing, the safety features of the these units are great.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    Im also interested to know what is the best aftermarket ECU for a DC2R. Nothing to overboard, for everyday use and to take to the track a few times a year. What brand do people recommend and where in sydney would I go to get it installed and tuned?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by jords
    Im also interested to know what is the best aftermarket ECU for a DC2R. Nothing to overboard, for everyday use and to take to the track a few times a year. What brand do people recommend and where in sydney would I go to get it installed and tuned?

umm i wouldent use the word best =P..

but find a good tuner (reliable tuner) and find out what he/she is comfortable with.

i would recomend the autronic PNP just because well its PNP and its a good/great ecu. but this comes at a cost.. $$$..

u should look up some of the ecu threads theres heaps of them.. and most of them end up in disaster... hehe ^_^
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......